Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have recently purchased a 307 hdi 136. However when testing car I didn't notice the engine management light at all with checking all.. When started it comes up anti pollution fault on middle screen. Also upon messing around with car I noticed when key is turned so ignition lights come on I believe the engine man is next to the airbag light however it doesn't light up then go off etc?? I'm really worried as I have just bought the car

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
could be someones used some tape to mask over it.

have you got a torch to try and see if you can see anything

mine shows the light when you turn the ignition on but mines a mark 1 307

·
5,618 Posts
Its been got at the EML should come on with Ign. There is a engine management fault which shows with the quick fault message on display.

Maybe someone has tried to delete DPF and made a pigs ear of it.

If from a trader/dealer not fit for purpose get them to fix or have back. If private seller you need to get in on planet to see what shows up

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The engine management light does not come up at all at any time even when ignition is on. I have a feeling someone has taken bulb out.. Anyone know how to get to the bulb

·
5,618 Posts
No bulbs on 307 LED's soldered to PCB. Likely painted out or as above some one has taped over LED/lamp position.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh rite.. How can I check this?? When I shine a torch in the dash u can see where the eml shape is etc it just never lights up

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
You need to take the clocks out of the dash and probably split the unit. Someone posted some photos of tape over the openings for a number of warning lights. \some people will go to great lengths to hide issues with a car when they are trying to sell it. One car I did a diagnostic on even had the van bus wires to the MFD cut to prevent the fault messages showing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bastards lol... Can't believe this. I've just had the music on while cleaning it and I cranked it up to see what stereo sounded like loud and it went into Econ mode??? Now battery is flat and won't start

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeap, the 307 instrument bluster is all LEDs. I actually had the exact same problem and I only cared to notice a year after I'd bought the car. I ordered a new cluster, swapped them, and then took the old one apart for fun. The hole where the EML LED shines through had been stuffed with blu-tac :rolleyes:

On my old cluster, this is what a diagnostic test with PP2000 showed:

So you can see two lights missing there - the EML and the one to the left of the handbrake light (that other LED was actually missing). With the new cluster, every LED illuminates although if I had just bothered to check it I would have saved myself a load of hassle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts