Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed over a comms unit and now I haven't got any driving lights working, does this have to be activiated some how through Peugeot planet ? I calibrated the steering sensor but no driving lights. Any ideas ? Cheers Todd

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes same part number . Everything else works fine but the fogs. This is the second time I've faced this problem as I've replaced the comms unit before and same again no foglights . Which leads me to think there must.be something on peugoet planet to activate them. I've had a look through the menu but can't find anything.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Yes same part number . Everything else works fine but the fogs. This is the second time I've faced this problem as I've replaced the comms unit before and same again no foglights . Which leads me to think there must.be something on peugoet planet to activate them. I've had a look through the menu but can't find anything.
does the light on the dash come on to say fog lights are on

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No light on instrument cluster either. I know they work cause they worked with the original comms unit. It's got me baffled

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I'm fairly sure foglamps have to be activated in Planet. No good asking where - versions of Planet vary.

Maybe I'm out of date, but I thought front fogs are not compulsory, so not part of the MoT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok what I can gather is that the second hand comms unit may have come off a car without fogs and needs to be activiated through "bsi config". Does this sound right?

·
Registered
15,114 Posts
Im not sure on newer comm units but on older cars if the car had front fogs the comm would work them regardless if it was the correct type or not when you turn them on it triggers a relay in the underbonnet fusebox and this is what actually turns them on.

I dont see why you would have to tell the car it has something it already has.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can see your point reliable406 but this is the second comms unit with exactly the same problem. Both units were correct part numbers. I'll be plugging it in tomorrow hopefully and see what I can find under bsi config. If all comms units need the steering angle calibrated surely there must be other things that require activating.

·
6,082 Posts
Has someone changed under bonnet fuse box as the BSI controls fog lights via the fuse box. Fog light fusebox is different to standard one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts