Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got pulled over today by a good samaritan to be told i had no brake lights at all. :eek:

It was the brake light switch in below glovebox compartment ,can`t get one untill tomorrow £8 is what it costs in case this happens to you.:thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi could you tell me how to fix it and what it looks like under the glove box, pictures etc? only mine is faulty at the mo and would appreciate a walk through on how to fix the problem, many thanks!

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
look up in behind glovebox (you have to lie down in the passenger well facing up , not easy)you will see where the braking system goes out through the bulk head , should be a small switch like a temp/oil sensor with a couple of wires running out of it ,unplug remove and replace.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No brake lights

The brake lights on my 307 SW has also stopped working. Would this only be the switch ? I am unable to find a fuse!! No mention of it in the fusebox diagram in the manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
or it may look like this...

Has 4 connections inside green section that connecting wire plugs into.

If you're really not enjoying the fun of trying to see up in behind the glove box (it's not very comfortable) you can always take the glove box out. It's only 7 screws and the interior light can then be popped out. Gives you a much better view of things if this is your first time doing this.

Bought my switch from Peugeot for about £25, you may be able to get cheaper else where... The removal and subsequent fitting is very easy just a twist. Quoted over £60 to fix this at dealership so have saved at least £35.

Now on to the next job - fixing climate control!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts