Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everytime i start my car in the morning on cold engine i peak at 12.6 psi boost ... and have no problems with boost but after 5-10 mins when the engine warms up i immediately lose boost and cannot go past 3000-3500 rpm its literally stuck there i hear the diverter valve open and it tries to boost but i only get 4 psi ... check engine light comes up and i get the p0087 code fuel rail pressure too low... and after i restart my car i lose the check light but after 1 mins of driving again with no boost i get it again .. sometimes the crankshaft sensor will pop up as a error too p1340...timing chain done like 2000 kilometers ago,spark plugs changed ... sometimes i don't even get an error and still no boost .. anyone had something like this ...i'm planning on buying a new crankshaft sensor tomorrow cause i think it might be that my engine is missing the timing and its not delivering fuel at the right time and that's why it reads low fuel pressure ... any other experiences like this.. please help...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
p1340 is misfire on cylinder 4 not a camshaft position sensor error.

p0087 can be the hpfp it would be worth having it checked and all the fuel pressures

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
p1340 is misfire on cylinder 4 not a camshaft position sensor error.

p0087 can be the hpfp it would be worth having it checked and all the fuel pressures

when i search on p1340 it says camshaft error plus when i connect it to the computer it says camshaft position error ... if it was the hpfp the car would never boost ... and if it was a misfire on the cylinders it would do it from cold not when it warms up .. its very confusing im losing my mind what i thought about the cam sensor is that when the oil gets to operating temperature if fails the readings ... cause maybe its worn out and it causes missfires on fuel delivery and not getting the desired fuel on the rail ... thats my thought

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I can assure u that its misfire on cylinder 4, the thp ecu has some varying code descriptions that do not show on google searches and generic code readers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oof ... the thing is i always have gotten this problem THE car never worked after changing clogged cat to the oil cooler it made a mess oil went into my turbo cleaned everything the turbo the intercooler ... changed all spark plugs coil packs ... new chain ... Everything...not like 1 month ago i got rid of the mid silencer and for some reason the car was fine for like 2 weeks .. literally was going crazy boosting power everywhere i was so happy ... but then again it went back to being stuck on 3k rpm and now boost ... its very strange literally lost my mind over this car its driving me crazy .. it cannot be that one time something is working and sometimes its not ... im so confused

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have also gotten p1336 and p1338 .. but sometimes and also a p0172 i thing fuel mixture too rich

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and also the car sometimes cuts off the tubro literally cuts off its like NA and i hesitate to go even up to 70 kmh...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Prob. Radiator as gibbo says. Could buy a new thermostat online and it takes only a few minutes to fit. Radiators are also cheap.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
with multiple misfires u should be checking the hpfp, there is a tsb on Peugeot service box for those symptoms

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oof i just changed 2 diffrent coils literally drove with 2 diffrent on cyl 1 and 2 and diffrent coils from a bmw on cyl 3 and 4 and ni missfires i only get p0087 so it could be the hpfp ... the thing is is we have cleaned the pump and everything in it last time we did a service on the pug ... idk could it be fully faulty but then how is the car functioning when its cold its my point ... i dont want to just buy another hfpf its damn so expensive and not fix my problem ...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
cleaned then hpfp ??

there is a way to check if its fault or not by measuring a certain part of it with a vernier gauge and if its over 27mm I think it is, then its faulty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can assure you that what you're experiencing is almost always due to hpfp failing. Heat changes tolerances of components so that could explain your cold boost

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am having some similar issues except I am not loosing total boost but there's a noticeably power drop. Already ordered pump should be getting it this weekend hopefully

1 - 15 of 15 Posts