Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Peugeot 307 cc. When I put the gear into reverse there would be an audible beep but now this has stopped. Also there is no beeping sound when I get close to something. Does anyone have any ideas why this is suddenly occurred? Thanks in advance.

·
8,440 Posts
Do the reversing lights work as the switch for reversing lights trigger the rear parking sensors

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
The sensor wiring might need looking at but that means getting beneath the car and might even mean taking the bumper off. But it could also be whatever is the control unit or whatever it uses to produce the noise. Sorry I cannot be more precise but I have no experience of the model or indeed that system as my 307 does not have it.

·
8,440 Posts
I think you will find at that age (VAN network) the parking sensors are a standalone unit in the rear right c-pillar with no diagnostics connection. I would check the unit for power first and look for a stand-alone fuse in the power lead

·
Registered
792 Posts
2005 was the year they went to full CAN with the facelift (and there were even some late prefacelift ones with full CAN), so the setup would depend on the actual build date...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you will find at that age (VAN network) the parking sensors are a standalone unit in the rear right c-pillar with no diagnostics connection. I would check the unit for power first and look for a stand-alone fuse in the power lead
I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know how I get on! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi everyone, it turned out the 'buzzer' had just stopped working. Everything else was fine. Just wanted to post this in case someone else has the same problem. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
So was the buzzer replaced and if so is it a standalone item or is it part of the electronic box? As much info as possible on defects and the fixes helps the forum members as well as yourself to better get to know the cars and their faults and remedies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So was the buzzer replaced and if so is it a standalone item or is it part of the electronic box? As much info as possible on defects and the fixes helps the forum members as well as yourself to better get to know the cars and their faults and remedies.
Hi, thank you. I had posted my reply to help others. I am afraid I know no other details as the Peugeot garage performed the work. Cost about £78 in total.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
So from that it seems it could be a separate item then, especially for the charge as any thing electronic would be more I would think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts