Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there my diesel 2.0 occasionally wont accelerate even though I have the pedal to the ground, it tries to accelerate but hesitates. Any ideas its a 2002 model. Happens intermittently. Ive been told it could be the airflow meter sensor? Any other suggestions. Priced one up from the dealer at 87.00. But if its not this Im wasting my money. Would you have the codes read?

Best Wishes

Howard:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
pendleh said:
Hi there my diesel 2.0 occasionally wont accelerate even though I have the pedal to the ground, it tries to accelerate but hesitates. Any ideas its a 2002 model. Happens intermittently. Ive been told it could be the airflow meter sensor? Any other suggestions. Priced one up from the dealer at 87.00. But if its not this Im wasting my money. Would you have the codes read?

Best Wishes

Howard:)
yes have the codes read or buy a scanner/code reader and do it yourself.
I did have one but had to sell it as my laptop went t**s up.
but what i did see was very usefull.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you buy generic code readers or do you have to buy a peugeot one. Also how much do they cost as Id have to weigh up peugeot doing for about £60. Any good products for a suitable for a home mechanic?;) Thanks.

Best Wishes

Howard

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
pendleh said:
Can you buy generic code readers or do you have to buy a peugeot one. Also how much do they cost as Id have to weigh up peugeot doing for about £60. Any good products for a suitable for a home mechanic?;) Thanks.

Best Wishes

Howard
Average code reader £60 only does engine codes for diesel from 2004 ,
peugeot planet diagnostics £130 does everything abs/airbag/engine recodes pug radios and recodes keys,
not a hard choice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
Average code reader £60 only does engine codes for diesel from 2004 ,
peugeot planet diagnostics £130 does everything abs/airbag/engine recodes pug radios and recodes keys,
not a hard choice.
the latter is your best bet, it is a great piece of kit, but saldy my laptop went tits up just as i got it so resold it. but well worth the money IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts