Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just told today that my GT due for delivery tomorrow isn't coming and will be mid July at the earliest .
To add insult to injury, they can't guarantee whether it will have the oak trim or not.
Thoroughly fed up with the whole process and will have to cancel and look for something else.

·
Administrator
2,831 Posts
Just told today that my GT due for delivery tomorrow isn't coming and will be mid July at the earliest .
To add insult to injury, they can't guarantee whether it will have the oak trim or not.
Thoroughly fed up with the whole process and will have to cancel and look for something else.
That's terrible Issy.

How could they tell you it's being delivered tomorrow knowing full well it's not even built yet!

Don't blame you cancelling at all. It's ludicrous.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Before you cancel, I would strongly advise e-mailing the MD of Peugeot UK. Give him your order date, the build date you were told, and the estimated delivery date of the 7th you were given. Ask him WTF is going on, because I wouldn't cancel on the word of a dealer after waiting for so long. His staff may well be able to give you more accurate information.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I would be so disappointed and so so annoyed, I would do as Lee suggests and shoot off a email to Peugeot MD. To be told last week your car will be at your dealers tomorrow and today told they have no idea when its coming or even the correct trim is beyond out of order. email Peugeot MD and tell him before you cancel.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys but here's the problem- I ordered through a Broker and they haven't been the best UK Car Discount and it was they who told me that the build date was May 17th.
Even when I asked a week or so later I'd everything was okay was told that "everything's on track for delivery to the dealer for June 7th and you should be driving it around then "
Can't remember who we're meant to e mail and does it make a difference- any and all advice grateful received. Rotten day anyway as elderly dog had to have tail amputated and as she loves cars- heated seats etc is promised her a trip to the sea side so she could cover the new car in sand.
Silly I know but feeling stupid and let down that I trusted the Broker

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I can understand the disappointment but the broker may well be the innicent party here and given you the information they had received. Don't forget, they lose their commision should you or anyone else cancel and giving you false information is a sure fire way to guarantee a cancellation.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi Issy, this is really terrible news but unfortunately it's not really that surprising that you're not getting it tomorrow if you look at the forum comments on the GT thread. Many other forum members including myself have ordered their GT's in the days and weeks before you did and most of us have been given revised dates of June build and July delivery dates.

If you have lost confidence in your broker I would definitely go armed with your order number to Peugeot chat or the Peugeot facebook page to get some answers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Issy, this is really terrible news but unfortunately it's not really that surprising that you're not getting it tomorrow if you look at the forum comments on the GT thread. Many other forum members including myself have ordered their GT's in the days and weeks before you did and most of us have been given revised dates of June build and July delivery dates.

If you have lost confidence in your broker I would definitely go armed with your order number to Peugeot chat or the Peugeot facebook page to get some answers.
Same here. I ordered GT through lease company.23rd January. Delivery was due by end of March. Delivery put back to May, latest was June build July delivery.
Contacted Dean Moore, (name given on here) a few weeks ago after I saw people on here being given build and delivery dates for orders placed after mine. e.g 8th Feb. Also contacted lease company who contacted the dealer and came back with, "we have no update on my order and it is the oldest they had on their books"!
Eventually got hold of Dean and he said would contact distribution and get back to me. Nothing! So after 2 weeks phoned again and asked for him, answer came back, he no longer works for Peugeot. Don't know what happened there! Phoned last Thursday, was told a manger would call me, they didn't, called on Friday, again told a manager would call me. I'm still waiting.......
I wonder whether lease deals etc are being pushed back in favour of purchasing customers?
So yeah, also thinking of cancelling and moving on. It's diabolical.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
From a personal and selfish reason, I'm sort of glad that/if Peugeot aren't chasing quantity via leasing and rentals.
I'd like to think it was so good they didn't need to demean the product straight off.
I regard it as a premium vehicle instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts