Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could really do with some Nimbus Grey touch up paint as now have a couple of stone chips to address.

Really struggling to find some though....any suggestions on where to get some please ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Touch up

Hi
If you look online there are lots of paint companies that will mix you a touch up pot or even in a aerosol can at reasonable prices
All they need is the paint code number
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Although Chipex are not cheap, they often have 15% off (like last weekend).

I bought their kit for my Sunset Copper paint and it matches nicely for touching in small stone chips. Seem to have enough to paint half the car, but at least I've got some!

Peugeot apparently don't do a touch up paint for my colour.

Just drop Chipex an email, I did and it was easily and quickly mixed and posted. See my original post:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/3008-2017-138/peugeot-3008-touch-up-paint-270626/

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I've been waiting for a touch up paint for my Ultimate Red since March. I keep checking with the dealer, but Peugeot haven't started manufacturing them yet. Pathetic isn't it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You might have a very long wait.

Peugeot parts couldn't help or tell me at all when Sunset Copper would be available.

I had a Renault Clio in flame red and 4 years into ownership still no touch up paint available from Renault!

I went to Chipex for that paint as well.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yes I often use Chipex too, because I like the little kits that come with their touch up paints. I've also sourced some much cheaper alternatives from Ebay before, but so far there's no sign of the red. I had some major chipping on my last car and I just called the local SMART repairer. He resprayed the panel on my driveway, and then left me a large bottle of paint for touch ups.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It looks the same as Hammerite metal primer undercoat so I reckon a tin of that for a fiver should do the trick. Try B & Q

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I bought one "Touch-up applicator" for the "gris platinium EVL" colour, which is the "Nimbus Grey" paint you guys have in the UK.
Two small bottles (2x12 ml) with metallic and clear lacquer.
Peugeot part number "16 119 176 80" and it was 8,04 € (around 7,10 £) in Peugeot Portugal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts