Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have posted a few other issues with the same car here but I am running out of options and have already run out of spare money.

2002 307 Hdi 2.0 RHS 126k miles

Had issues with the turbo not kicking in and narrowed that down to snapped maf sensor and turbo control electrovalve. This solved the turbo problem for a short time. Then it came back and I had another look and discovered the top intercooler hose was loose and the feed to the afore mention electrovalve had been bodged in the past so i replaced the feed wire.

I have connected the car to PP2000 and got the following fault codes:

And here are the parameters relating to the PEF:

Basically the symptoms are that there is no turbo even though I can hear it whistling quite loudly, lots of black smoke above 2k revs and once it gets to 2k revs the engine sounds very deep and throaty.

Please give me some suggestions on what I can check. Or any further info from planet you need to help me. I am a man in need!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
kaostheory said:
I have posted a few other issues with the same car here but I am running out of options and have already run out of spare money.

2002 307 Hdi 2.0 RHS 126k miles

Had issues with the turbo not kicking in and narrowed that down to snapped maf sensor and turbo control electrovalve. This solved the turbo problem for a short time. Then it came back and I had another look and discovered the top intercooler hose was loose and the feed to the afore mention electrovalve had been bodged in the past so i replaced the feed wire.

I have connected the car to PP2000 and got the following fault codes:

And here are the parameters relating to the PEF:

Basically the symptoms are that there is no turbo even though I can hear it whistling quite loudly, lots of black smoke above 2k revs and once it gets to 2k revs the engine sounds very deep and throaty.

Please give me some suggestions on what I can check. Or any further info from planet you need to help me. I am a man in need!!
first step is to clean egr valve... then check that all vacum pipes are in tact..

D

·
0 Posts
That particle filter is blocked. 11mb at idle is way too high. Its easy job to remove them in the 2.0 engine. Only 4 bolts and a exhaust clamp. Powerwash it out after steeping in traffic film remover for an hour.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
risky1 said:
It should be reading 0mbar when the engine is'nt running...:confused:
Looks like your differential sensor is goosed.
Does the diff pressure rise when you start and rev the engine..??
Sorry for jumping in here ,what should it read when he starts the car?

·
Registered
488 Posts
A clean dpf should read from 0mbar to 4-8mbar @ idle and around 120mbar @3000rpm...filter load will also affect this reading.
A blocked dpf would read around 24 mbar @idle to around 250-300mbar @3000rpms again filter load will effect this...a good indication if the filter is starting to block is the average distance between regens drops below 150km.
A clean filter should be regening every 4-500km.
Once the dpf diff pressure goes over around 250 mbar(if i remember correctly) it could bring on a depol fault.

D

·
0 Posts
risky1 said:
A clean dpf should read from 0mbar to 4-8mbar @ idle and around 120mbar @3000rpm...filter load will also affect this reading.
A blocked dpf would read around 24 mbar @idle to around 250-300mbar @3000rpms again filter load will effect this...a good indication if the filter is starting to block is the average distance between regens drops below 150km.
A clean filter should be regening every 4-500km.
Once the dpf diff pressure goes over around 250 mbar(if i remember correctly) it could bring on a depol fault.
You'll get a depollution fault ie particle generation cycle urgent way before the differential pressure gets to 250mb.
I've never seen 250mb on any of them. I have had one today with 8mb at idle and the particle 71% blocked. So your figures may be a bit out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i forgot all about ths thread but the problem is ongoing.

I went through all the electrovalves one by one today and after about an hour i check the PEF parameters again and it days clogged particulate filter.

So I am going to find somewhere non residential tomorrow to carry out a forced regen and see if that works. If not I will have to go about removing and pressure washing it. ANd if that fails I would like to look into a cat/dpf removal&remap rather than replace it.

I just want this bloody car to actually work properly for more than a day, I can't bear any more earbashing from the wife!! :)

D

·
0 Posts
kaostheory said:
Well i forgot all about ths thread but the problem is ongoing.

I went through all the electrovalves one by one today and after about an hour i check the PEF parameters again and it days clogged particulate filter.

So I am going to find somewhere non residential tomorrow to carry out a forced regen and see if that works. If not I will have to go about removing and pressure washing it. ANd if that fails I would like to look into a cat/dpf removal&remap rather than replace it.

I just want this bloody car to actually work properly for more than a day, I can't bear any more earbashing from the wife!! :)
Forced regenerations are not recommended any more. I don't do them. Way too hard on the engine.
Did you remove the dpf and clean it out?
Its a simple powerwash out after soaking it in traffic film remover for an hour.
Then reset all the counters. Tell the ecu that you've fitted a new dpf and away you go.
Then drive it and see what faults come back if any. Then come back to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok you're the expert!

I will wash it out rather than forced regen. Just need to get my hands on a pressure washer and some film remover.

I dont suppose you have a quick list of tools needed to remove the DPF do you, I am not very well stocked.

Thanks for the reply!

Rhys

D

·
0 Posts
At least two screwdrivers to remove the exhaust clamp. lever them together to unclip it.
16mm spanner.
13mm spanner
13mm socket and rachet.

J

·
0 Posts
What's all this regen stuff about? I've only recently upgrade from a 306 1.9 D turbo to a 307 Hdi and there's like a lot of difference between the two.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahhh OK well I am sure I can stretch to that :)

Jazz: A regen is when the car injects eolys fluid into the Particulate filter to burn off excess diesel soot particles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JazzJPH: Yes it does.

Well my day has been fun.

I removed the Cat/DPF this morning. Came off easy enough, 2 16mm Bolts for the exhaust clamps, 2 cross-head screws for the jubilee clips securing the upstream/downstream temperature, 2 exhaust mounts at the front and a connector to unclip for the dpf sensor.

Once off then came the hard part, the four bolts securing the Cat to the DPF were extremely rusted and took about 45 mins to get out after some serious amounts of WD40. Once split I realised that the cat was completely FUBAR after half of it fell out. Well after all the trouble this car has been so far, I am not spending another 3-400 quid on replacing it so I completely gutted it.

I soaked the DPF in 5 litres of Draper traffic film remover for 2 hours then blasted it clean for about 20 mins with a pressure washer. The gasket wasn't in a very good condition so I need to pick one up tomorrow and probably grab 4 new bolts/nuts. I also bought a new Genuine Peugeot MAF today as the Mass Air Flow codes keep popping up.

I will be refitting tomorrow hopefully with good results. I just want this nightmare car to work!!! I am waiting on the galletto cable I ordered to arrive so I can finish the job of removing the FAP completely.

I have filmed everything so far so will film the finish tomorrow then edit to remove the boring stuff and post it up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi kaostheory, sorry to hear your DPF is fubar'd

Going to be doing mine this weekend. Ordered the gasket, nuts & bolts & exhaust clamp as i don't want to be stuck without a car on Monday

Just to let you know the 4 nuts and bolts holding the CAT/DPF together come in a pack of 5 minimum each :confused:

Nuts are part number P0000171812 and are 4.70 + VAT for 5
Bolts are part number P00006823G7 and are 2.50 + VAT for 5
Gasket is part number P0000170928 and is 7.44 + VAT

With the exhaust clamp the total was 22.36 inc VAT. Ordered it at lunchtime Tue and they had it first thing Wed as he put it through as VOR (vehicle off road) for no extra cost

Just take the last 8 digits of your chasis number for a accurate match for the bits

Anyway hope this helps

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Things like that would be good to have as a locked sticky so people can look at a job title i.e DPF cleaning and have a parts list complete with numbers so like you they are prepared and don't have to be off road.

The info was very helpful thankyou very much. My DPF I hope is fine it's the Cat that was broken up, I'm hoping there wont be any fault codes reported because of it. Oh well will find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
kaostheory said:
Things like that would be good to have as a locked sticky so people can look at a job title i.e DPF cleaning and have a parts list complete with numbers so like you they are prepared and don't have to be off road.

The info was very helpful thankyou very much. My DPF I hope is fine it's the Cat that was broken up, I'm hoping there wont be any fault codes reported because of it. Oh well will find out tomorrow.
On my old 307 removing the cat brought on no fault codes , what engine are you guys removing the dpf on because the 1.6hdi with no additive ecu is a real pig.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts