Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm sorry to say I'm not going to be an active member of the forum as i know very little about cars but im hoping you will take sympathy with me and offer me the best advice you can.

I own a 2004 307. i only brought it maybe 2 and a half months ago from my sister. a bargain i thought! great looking car with the only problem she had in years was a dodgy heater.

Maybe 2 weeks ago i leave work, drive to the petrol station (about 50 feet as i work in a supermarket) and fill her up, yes with the correct fuel!

Get back in the car and nothing, well not quite as the dashboard lights are on but thats it.

i turn the key and nothing. so i do what i always do and call my former mechanic father to rescue me.

Now to cut an increasingly long story short because believe me that story gets worse.

since that day we have had a rac man stumped , replaced the bsi unit and ecu, then we tried the fuse box and replaced that.

We have tried resetting the ecu hundreds of times and i also brought a new coil pack. Now the engine at least cranks up but thats all it does.

Its got my dad stumped. We still only have power to half the fuse box , today i received a new diagnostics tool and like my dads it wont even connect.

So what currently works..

central locking
dashboard lights
lights

the dashboard lights however do go out after leaving the engine on for a long period.

Like many on here have complained of its stuck in economy mode which from what i read on the net isnt my problem.

And to make matters even odder today we put the OLD ecu in without changing the bsi and the cars behaviour didnt change one bit.

You guys are my last hope before i dump the motor. So please any advice or suggestions you may have would be welcomed with open arms.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Without wanting to cause offence or anything, have you checked the battery, terminals and associated connections and earthing, as well as wiring to BSI and ECU's?

I had an episode not so long back where I was adamant that my alternator had packed in, but I was testing it and it seemed ok, but the battery wasn't charging. It turned out that I was looking too hard into the wrong problem - the auxiliary belt had come off and I didn't even notice!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without wanting to cause offence or anything, have you checked the battery, terminals and associated connections and earthing, as well as wiring to BSI and ECU's?

I had an episode not so long back where I was adamant that my alternator had packed in, but I was testing it and it seemed ok, but the battery wasn't charging. It turned out that I was looking too hard into the wrong problem - the auxiliary belt had come off and I didn't even notice!
Hi mate no offence taken at all, I'm open to ridicule if needed just desperate for help.

We did try my dad's battery which is something I should have mentioned and still nothing.

I know nothing about cars but by process of elimination we can only now think wiring or the recently discovered relay.

If it's the wiring then I think I'll call it a day. My poor dad hasn't got the means, will or time to go through all the wires.

Do you think the relay could cause it all? It says it's just for the fuel pump but clutching at Straws I was hoping...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Is it a manual or an automatic? If auto it could be possibly be the gearbox inhibiter switch faulty?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
If you leave the key in the ignition after trying to start the car does it beep at you when you open the door. I'm guessing that the keys need programming seeing as you changed the BSI and it's not unlocking the ECU which immobilises the car by preventing fuel delivery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts