Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just a quick mssg to say hello and that I have purchased 2015 308 sw Active 1.6 Blue HDi after retiring. I thought I would treat myself after having a Transit Connect for work before the Peugeot.
I am well chuffed with the new car, very comfortable & drives like a dream!

Regards

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm very happy with mine took me a while to get used to the electric handbrake and gain confidence in it when setting off uphill.
I suggest you join the My Peugeot website and enter your details and the cars there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi DN

Same here. When I had the test drive with the salesman, he asked me if
always applied the handbrake every time I stopped, to which I replied 'Yes'.
I suppose that was the way I was taught to drive and it comes natural to me.
Never tried hill start, but I would have thought you could just select first gear and drive off? This is what I was told by the salesman.

Incedently, I have stalled the car on three occasions the first few days I drove it.:lol: Getting there! My wife & I travelled to Cardigan the day after I got the car, to visit relatives.... I was as much refreshed when I got there as when I got in the car from home, not a bit tired... a pleasure to drive.

Joined 'My Peugeot', thanks for the info.:thumb:

Regards

·
Registered
566 Posts
Are you really stalling it?
If like mine will have an ECO stop and go, when you stand at traffic lights the engine is meant to stop and as you touch accelerator/clutch engines starts again. If battery is low after initial start in the morning or it is very cold out the feature is over ridden.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
I stalled mine a few times to start with. Partly due to getting used to the clutch bite position, and partly due to having the wrong gear selected. On the old 308 you could go off in second if rolling downhill slowly, on this one it stalls. Higher gear perhaps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brilec,

My stalling was due to the gears being close together :eek:, am getting used to it now... nearly stalled again yesterday:lol:. Six gears take some getting use to, though. Really am amazed at the speed & acceleration of a three cylinder diesel.
The wife keeps telling me to slow down... Oooops! Maybe she should sit in the back?:rofl:

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Yes, I think my problem was the same, very easy to aim for first and end up in third.

It's a four cylinder diesel, the petrol versions are three cylinder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.