Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon.

In sentences a dumb person can follow and understand, could someone please explain to me exactly what I need?
I have a 2003 307 HDi 90.
I would like to be able to read it etc.
What hardware/software do I need so I can clear codes, activate things (cruise control and similar) etc?
I see different things being mentioned,,, Peugeot Planet, pp2000, Lexia, eobd etc.
I have information overload.
I do not have a huge budget.

Amy help/pointers/tips/advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Neil

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Neil.

If you are on a budget ( or just a skinflint like me..:D ) you would only need the PP2000 and a cheap XP laptop from eBay or an old one thats been handed down.

When you buy PP2000 ( Peugeot Planet 2000 ) it will come with Lexia ( Citroen equivalent to PP2000) and also Diagbox ( Peugeot Planet for newer cars, say 2012? ) as part of the package, maybe a 2 disc set - have a look on eBay for some ideas.

If you already have a laptop which runs on a newer program ( Windows 7 or 8 ) then you would need to add extra things to this laptop to be able to use PP2000 - all that info is on here, but I don't really understand it either :eek:

My diagnostic set-up cost me £75 for the PP2000 and £25 for an old laptop, which I have since updated to a £30 laptop...:thumb:

·
Registered
202 Posts
if you have a laptop running a higher operating system you can install a 'virtual' operating system using something like virtualbox.

saves the cost of getting another laptop but is a bit of effort to set up. i had mine running within an hour, though.

just make sure you buy from someone/somewhere which offer technical support as its not the easiest thing to get going.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the responses. Too kind. Is there any chance off someone providing links to what I actually need, so I'm able to click and buy with confidence?
I hope I'm not being too cheeky.
Thanks in advance,

Neil

·
Registered
202 Posts
i bought item number 221835735715 off ebay. not the cheapest but they offer technical support and rev 'c' hardware which means you dont need to flash it yourself to use later versions of diagbox

mine is working fine although i only use diagbox at the moment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts