Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 508 GT Saloon
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon folks. Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather we are having (well, it’s lovely in Glasgow!)
Peugeot virgin here, so please be kind :giggle:
I decided to take the plunge and move away from BMW’s, and got myself a 2011 508 GT saloon. I must say, first impressions (300 mile jaunt) are excellent. (Apart from f****d brakes, warm only air con, front handles not unlocking [but will lock the car?], and cup holders that like to stay out all the time 😊
Anyway, it needs a good polish, so no time like the present
Just thought I’d say hi

Cheers

·
8,672 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope you get your car sorted

·
8,672 Posts
Sounds a good plan. I would clean the handles give them a squirt of silicone spray and clear any fault codes logged in the keyless system (or following the three min rule disconnect the battery for 1/2 hr) and see us the handles come back to life

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 508 GT Saloon
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that. I gave them a clean last night, to no avail, but I’ll try the silicone and the battery disconnect tomorrow. I’m sure I have an OBD adapter somewhere.

·
8,672 Posts
You will need planet or diagbox as you need to clear codes in keyless entry ecu not engine.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am new as well. That is a handsome car right there aside from some of the issues. i hope you get your car sorted out!

·
Registered
2011 508 GT Saloon
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ewan. Yes. Very happy with it. Just need to sort the issues and I’ll be even happier. What fun would cars be if everything worked all the time anyway!

·
Registered
2011 508 GT Saloon
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update
Ok. Air con regarded and holding. Still no where near as cold as my 2004 BMW 3 Tourer was though.
Battery disconnected and left for 30 mins. Drivers handle still only closes the car, won’t open it. Passenger now closes, and intermittently opens. Think I’ll just live with it.
Getting front pads and discs next week.
Might get the wheels re done. Don’t think the black finish mine have is factory, but I quite like them. Only downside is any fresh kerbing shows up 100 times worse. Any thoughts on keeping black?
My work is done for the day. Too sunny
Away to watch The Gers v The Gunners ⚽

1 - 9 of 9 Posts