Peugeot Forums banner

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Gittos 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone
Just joined and first post on this excellent forum.

Just ordered my first ever brand new car, 3008 Allure 1.2 EAT8 in Cumulus Grey and purchased through a broker. My invoice says car available late October.

I have been a long time Citroen owner, 2 ZX’s, 1 Xsara Picasso, 1 first gen C4 Picasso and 2 b78 Picasso’s and no trouble with any of them.

Many features on 3008 and C4 Picasso are very similar so no surprises there...infotainment system etc.

Looking forward to finding loads of useful info on here and will update progress of new car.

#4 ·
Hi everyone
Just joined and first post on this excellent forum.

Just ordered my first ever brand new car, 3008 Allure 1.2 EAT8 in Cumulus Grey and purchased through a broker. My invoice says car available late October.

I have been a long time Citroen owner, 2 ZX’s, 1 Xsara Picasso, 1 first gen C4 Picasso and 2 b78 Picasso’s and no trouble with any of them.

Many features on 3008 and C4 Picasso are very similar so no surprises there...infotainment system etc.

Looking forward to finding loads of useful info on here and will update progress fo new car.
Hi Gittos
Best of Luck with your New car! I think you will Love it! Cheers Bill Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive tire

#6 ·
Update from broker 29 Oct...Car on its way to the UK, will be in touch when it is available for delivery to you.....I’m guessing that will be 2 or 3 weeks.

#7 ·
Further update from broker. Car will be delivered to my home on 20 November, I have the VIN and Reg No, although it won’t be registered until day before delivery.

#8 · (Edited)
Well the car has arrived and looking good. Inspected for damage and all ok.

Ordered 14 Sept, built 21 Oct, delivered 20 Nov

I changed my insurance and GAP insurance using the Reg No and Vin on my Invoice, insurance company could not find the car using the reg no so I told them it had only been registered that day and it may not show on the database.

I was unable to drive it until this morning and when I went out to the car I noticed the reg was different to that I had given my insurer, one letter was a V instead of a Y, so had to ring insurer to correct the error also checked on Gov site to confirm, looks like a typo on my invoice.

Only driven it for about 10 miles so far so looking forward to putting on more miles. Next job is to get dashcam fitted.

#9 ·
Before delivery of my new Peugeot 3008 I purchased 3 years speed camera alerts fo the TomTom nav, I received an email to say that it was activated in the car on 16 Nov (at the PDI inspection I presume) 4 days before the car was registered and delivered to me on the 20th Nov. So far I have been unable to get it to show camera locations, even after several attempts at following the instructions to active the function. Emails are (slowly) going back and forth to Customer Services.

#10 ·
on the map display bottom right side of screen if its live it will say tomtom traffic

#12 · (Edited)
Press the lower right button, the map with a cog. Does the appropriate danger zone option is ticked?
If so, in that same screen, press the last option, so you can view.the map. Then press the red triangle and move the map to a location you know there's a fixed speedcam.

And yes, it works just like the standard TomTom connected/live services - online.

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks for that rui.saraiva, gave that a try and cameras still not showing. Here are photos of the settings on my car which I followed from the Peugeot Activation instruction video
View attachment 91586
View attachment 91586
Display device Electronic device Technology Electronics Multimedia
Display device Electronic device Technology Electronics Glass
Display device Transport Electronic device Glass Technology
Display device Electronic device Technology Electronics Multimedia
Display device Electronic device Automotive navigation system Technology Gps navigation device
Motor vehicle Display device Electronic device Technology Glass
Motor vehicle Display device Electronic device Glass Electronics
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Transport Glass Electronic device

Sorry don’t know how I managed to post photos twice

#14 ·
Your configuration seems ok.
Unfortunately, there's no way to check the availability of the danger zone/speedcams service in car, except moving the map to a zone where you know there's a fixed speedcam. That "Risk areas" in the System information are always empty.
So, as I wrote, in the main satnav screen, you need to press the lower right button (map with cog), choose the last option to "Consult map" and then the red triangle with the exclamation point. Then move the map to that known zone - if you change the zoom level in the process, you need to be sure to reset the level again, as the cams are only shown in the last 2 + levels.

#15 ·
Your configuration seems ok.
So, as I wrote, in the main satnav screen, you need to press the lower right button (map with cog), choose the last option to "Consult map" and then the red triangle with the exclamation point. Then move the map to that known zone - if you change the zoom level in the process, you need to be sure to reset the level again, as the cams are only shown in the last 2 + levels.
Thanks will have another try tomorrow

#16 ·
Well, I have tried your suggestion for a second time and still no cameras on map, and no alerts when I drive past one....still waiting a response from PSA Customer Service.

#17 ·
I first raised the issue of Speed Camera Alerts not working on 25 November, it has finally b resolved on 15 February by Customer Service IT dept. I have to say this is truly abysmal customer service and I hope it is not a reflection of my future Peugeot experience....still love the car though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.