Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, new to the forum, looks great, recently sold my Renault Laguna and just collected my 2005 607 its a 2.2 HDi SE 6 speed manual; well pleased with it :) Silky smooth:nod: Pics to follow:thumb:

Got a couple of questions maybe you experts can help me out with...

1, When does the cambelt need replacing on the 2.2 16V HDi? and is it an expensive job?

2, The wheels have a few kurb marks and the centre caps are starting to get a little flaky, I would usually by a repair kit and paint the wheel but all four dont need doing so i may have an issue with colour match etc, any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate..

The timing belt can be changed at 80K however if you want to change it before that then its better for your own peace of mind. I would reckon to go no where else than the dealers.. it will cost you around £375 to £435 for the labour, belt and the tensioners (whole kit) they will advise you if the water pumps needs replacing.. I would doubt if you would need the pump replaced as yours is the facelift model and its more reliable.

the centre caps of the alloys are a nightmare.. they are good and nice but if the car goes to kwekfit etc for balancing or puncture repair etc they feck it up.. Personally I would get it done professionaly, it costs £35 per wheel to powder coat it professionally.. but dont let them bug you,, give it a good wash and it all sorted..

its something that all 607 owner live up with... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scotcruz said:
Welcome to the forum mate..

The timing belt can be changed at 80K however if you want to change it before that then its better for your own peace of mind. I would reckon to go no where else than the dealers.. it will cost you around £375 to £435 for the labour, belt and the tensioners (whole kit) they will advise you if the water pumps needs replacing.. I would doubt if you would need the pump replaced as yours is the facelift model and its more reliable.

the centre caps of the alloys are a nightmare.. they are good and nice but if the car goes to kwekfit etc for balancing or puncture repair etc they feck it up.. Personally I would get it done professionaly, it costs £35 per wheel to powder coat it professionally.. but dont let them bug you,, give it a good wash and it all sorted..

its something that all 607 owner live up with... :)
Thanks mate:) im going to take the car to the local Peugeot dealership; i take it the 80k is the mileage Peugeot recommend? I cant find anything in the service book...

Thanks again:thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.