Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody :D hope someone can help me out. I recently bought my first car, im 18 years old and live in Denmark, Europe

My car is a Peugeot 206 (small 3 door car), it had blown speaker from when i got it.
Now i really want to upgrade the sound quality in my car. Im guessing buying a 2 channel amp and some componment speakers for the front while leaving the rear, without speakers will do good with my budget. I will consider adding a subwoofer and mono amp later on. Im not sure if the componments i have found is of decent quality and even will work/fit together or if the system will sound good, i would highly appreciate some knowledge from some wise car audio persons
Also i have an aftermarket Pioneer Headunit installed with 3 RCA outputs

Componments:

RAVELAND XCA-200 (AMP) 150 watt RMS
Hifonics VX-6.2C (Frontal Speakers) 100 watt RMS

can someone help me find out if the speakers will fit in the door, talking about the depth of the door
dont know what extra remedies i need for the install (wires, RCA cables, etc

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi everybody :D hope someone can help me out. I recently bought my first car, im 18 years old and live in Denmark, Europe

My car is a Peugeot 206 (small 3 door car), it had blown speaker from when i got it.
Now i really want to upgrade the sound quality in my car. Im guessing buying a 2 channel amp and some componment speakers for the front while leaving the rear, without speakers will do good with my budget. I will consider adding a subwoofer and mono amp later on. Im not sure if the componments i have found is of decent quality and even will work/fit together or if the system will sound good, i would highly appreciate some knowledge from some wise car audio persons
Also i have an aftermarket Pioneer Headunit installed with 3 RCA outputs

Componments:

RAVELAND XCA-200 (AMP) 150 watt RMS
Hifonics VX-6.2C (Frontal Speakers) 100 watt RMS

can someone help me find out if the speakers will fit in the door, talking about the depth of the door
dont know what extra remedies i need for the install (wires, RCA cables, etc
Just by looks and memory (it's been a while) I think those should fit
No idea of the quality of the amp or speakers you've got your eye on.

The DLS PS-6 fits (might have trimmed a bit of the plastic from behind the speaker (fog of history) and they have a mounting depth of 53 mm with a magnet diameter of 90mm.

For the install:

Power cable (of proper size for the current and length of run)and inline fuseholder w/fuse of right size for the wire. (There's a bolt in the engine bay fusebox if you've still got the quick disconnect battery connector on the + terminal)

Ground wire with suitably big ring terminal for some nice big bolt going into the body.

2-channel RCA cable, male-male Doesn't have to be fancy, I'm using the basic thin black with no noise picked up.

Remote turn on wire (plain 1,5mm2 single conductor wire) Some RCAs might include this, and you just patch onto the ends, like these.

Speaker wire - I took the easy route and ran the speaker wires from the amp back to behind the HU and terminated them in an ISO-B socket (ISO speaker connector) and plugged the car's ISO speaker plug into that, saving me the work of running wires into the doors. No issues in 14 years.
Mounted the rossovers into the styrofoam block behind the door card. running the wires coming from the amp (ie the stock wires going out into the doors to the stock woofer) to the inputs and new wires to tweeter and woofer from the outputs.

Various crimp connectors, shrink tubing, etc

I'd add some sound deadening for the doors. Doesn't have to be fancy brand name stuff- 4-5mm bitumen/asphalt self-adhesive sheets does it. Clean any surface (cut to suitable pieces and aim for big flat thin areas first) well with degreaser/alcohol and get the mat hot before applying (laying about with the black side up for a few minutes in summer sun did it for me. I did both the outer metal skin of the door, and the inner door card.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts