Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new to this site im requiring some information please on the 807 2.2 hdi executive im looking to purchase she is a 2003 model with 77k on full history just wondering is there anything particularly I should be looking for I have just returned my discovery td5 and got my money back so im looking at the above car any help would be very gratefully received as I've lost total confidence at the moment lee

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Can't go far wrong with an 807, they have a poor undeserved reputation but ours of the same vintage has 198K miles and still has the original engine, injectors, turbo etc. Check everything electrical works, no warning lights. Check the pollen filter housing is in place above the master cylinder, it is a pain to remove and refit so it is often ... well forgotten by the garage. If you can see the master cylinder it is missing and water will drip onto the engine through the intake. Check the rubber drain tubes on either side of the bottom of the windscreen are not blocked otherwise water will drip onto the fusebox and engine ecu....If no evidence of a new cam belt factor replacing it into the price. Oil needs to be changed annually, if the mangement light comes on when cruising below 50 the swirl flap diaphragm needs changing, part is £30. Particulate filter will need removing and rinsing with a hose, top up the EOLYS tank. Check the joint on the rear washer pipe behind the drivers side rear light, can come apart and spray the air bag wiring etc, use small tie wraps to secure. May not hear the reversing sensor, it is behind the nearside rear lights with a coil of wire long enough to reach the dashboard, needs to be repositioned by the rear side window so it is audible.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Lastly the handbrake is next to useless, it is worth replacing the two shorter cables if they are original as they are unlined, the new ones from Peugeot are nylon lined. The fundamental problem is the calipers are the same size as those fitted to a mk1 Scenic.
Use only neat screen wash in winter as even slighty diluted the jets on the wipers freeze on the motorway in cold weather (not a great idea). Empty the reservoir before cold weather starts and fill with neat concentrated screen wash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts