Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have the dual aircon of doom.

Have taken the glovebox out and disconnected the flap motor on the passenger side.

Withe the ignition on and car running, should I be seeing the motor spindle move as I turn the heating temp up and down?

I'm thinking if the motor's faulty the flap itself might be ok and I can avoid the cutting-open-the-airbox part :)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Don't the flaps direct the air up or down? If so, they will move when changing from windscreen to footwell etc, not temperature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, that would make sense. I'm trying to sort out the passenger side only blowing hot air regardless of setting.
My understanding was that the lower flap switched between hot and cold. Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Usually what happens is the shaft on the hot/cold flap fractures preveting the motor from moving it.

New flaps have extra plastic on them to reinforce the weak point.

The hot/cold flap is the one you can see from the top if you remove the diffuser grille.

But yes, you should see the motor move when you change the settings. I'd expect you'd need to change settings between LO and HI as it my not move if you change only by a few points.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice lads.

The motor doesn't seem to be doing anything but I experimented with turning the flap spindle by hand. The flap itself seems to be ok and the passenger side vents are now pumping out normal air instead of superheat. I'll leave it like that for now as it's proper humid weather here.

Hopefully that means just a replacement motor instead of having to cut open the air box and replace the flap :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts