Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have just bought a 307 2.0HDI 110 DTurbo '52' reg 73'000 miles, (used to have a 306 DTurbo and loved it so thought we would go for the newer model.)

Anyway the guy we bought it from had the diesel addative topped up last year as it had run low, but the 'diesel addative min' was still coming on, mainly when the car is 1st started. Been running the car for a couple of days now and when driving the car home the 'diesel addative min & diesel filter blocked' errors came on but went back off after a min or so. Did a bit of research on the net and decided to take the car for a blast down the motorway, and everything seemed ok the 'addative fault' was still coming on but only when the car was started and went straight back off, so I thought maybe the guys who had topped it up had not reset it right.

Anyway today whilst driving 'diesel addative min, blocked diesel filter then antipollution came on' along with the orange engine light, the car would not rev over 2500 either. After getting to where i needed to be and engine being stood for about 2hrs i come to start the car again, only fault that shows is the 'addative min' again just flicks on when i start up the engine then goeas off again, no other faults show,no orange engine light and revs back to normal!

I would appreciate any ideas as to what to check or what could be the problem, dont really want to take it into a dealer as were a bit strapped for cash and with xmas coming up could really do without a large bill from them.

Did read on a forum that it could be the FAP filter, where is this located and is it possible for me to take it out and give it a clean?

Any help appreciated.

Chris

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
No way round this one you need the faults read , so dealer or if you post your location maybe some of the guys who have a code-reader are near you, as for cleaning your filter you really need to know what you are doing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am in Barnsley, South Yorkshire

So am I right in assuming once the faults are read it will give a clearer indication as to what is wrong? Also my step-dad is a mot tester/mechanic so i was gonna let him have a look at cleaning out the filter if its possible to clean.

G

·
find out if they just topped up the fluid, or topped it up and had the counters reset

the system doesnt know a true level of its fluid, it works it out by when it was filled and how many doses it has done since then, a poorly designed system i know!

It could just be that it thinks its still empty, but as betty mentioned a code read would still be very useful incase its something more sinister! :thumb:

as for fap filter cleaning i cant help there sorry, i'm only on the baby 90bhp so i never have to worry about this! (or diesel additive for that matter :D)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.