Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new on here only had my 308 for a month or so I love the car apart from the stereo won't work, it all lights up and I believe I need something done to it using the vin number?
I've emailed 3 local garages, I put in an order with Halfords to have a new stereo fitted but they never got back to me,
I don't suppose there is anyone local to Enfield EN1 who could do this for me and how much for?
I looked on ebay there is a place that you post your stereo to and they do it and then post it back or I could buy the exact same stereo for £59 and they put the Vin in before they send it so it can just be swapped over but its a used stereo is it worth paying that much?
My car is 2008

Thanks for any help ... Karen :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can you listen to radio or is it completly dead. I would buy an aftermarket hu there is adapters to make the new stereo work with stering control etc

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
The VIN does not need input for the radio to function it will work on radio and CD but it will beep if its not coded.

If its not working then its not the VIN coding thats the issue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MY hubby said that it shows heart fm on the display but no sound and TA was flashing on the display I looked it up and it means Travel announcements, i will try a CD tomorrow

·
Registered
39 Posts
When my stereo broke it came like out a nise from my speakers when i did listen to cd. but radio worked fine. So if radio is not working i would guess that stereo is broken have you someone that has an aftermarket head unit or someone else with the same stereo? You wont need to code an original stereo to test but it will give out sound and a beeping noise

·
11,731 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CD does not beep

The VIN does not need input for the radio to function it will work on radio and CD but it will beep if its not coded.

If its not working then its not the VIN coding thats the issue
OK i put a cd in and it all looks as if its playing but its just silent, i don't suppose it has a mute button or something, it defo didn't beep?

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Even if muted it would beep if not vin coded the amplifiers do go bad sometimes and i agree dont pay 60 quid for a radio i do them vin coded ready to go for 40 ! but you need to know its not something else causing the issue if you know someone with same car you could swap radio into their car to test it it would then beep as in wrong car but if it still makes no sound its toast.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi I am new on here only had my 308 for a month or so I love the car apart from the stereo won't work, it all lights up and I believe I need something done to it using the vin number?
I've emailed 3 local garages, I put in an order with Halfords to have a new stereo fitted but they never got back to me,
I don't suppose there is anyone local to Enfield EN1 who could do this for me and how much for?
I looked on ebay there is a place that you post your stereo to and they do it and then post it back or I could buy the exact same stereo for £59 and they put the Vin in before they send it so it can just be swapped over but its a used stereo is it worth paying that much?
My car is 2008

Thanks for any help ... Karen :confused:
is it the original radio? or is this a replacement from another 308?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for everyone's help I finally had a call from Halfords and they are going to be fitting my new stereo on the 4th of Jan, hopefully that will solve the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hopefully Halfords sorts it for you, but if it's just a matter of VIN coding, I could potentially give you a hand with this as I have Diagbox 7.57 and I'm from NW so not too far from Enfield. Admittedly I would need to do more research into what exactly would need to be done in the software to code the stereo to the car and whether my hardware works with your vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stereo at last but the old one did work

wires.jpg

Hi

You were right, I finally got the car to Halfords and left it with a lovely fella to fit the new stereo and when I came back he handed me a mass of wires and said he fitted the new one but no sound came out so after quite a bit of investigating he found that it had had something else fitted and all the wires (see Pic) should not have been there and that the old stereo would have worked, I am however very happy with my new one and had I not got the fully fitted bundle for £99 inclusive it would have cost double that for new fascia and fitting etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He said it was for a parrot I thought he was joking! I'm so glad I didn't spend £65 on ebay on an second hand one because that wouldn't have worked either!
One less thing to worry about, just got to wait til April now to see what happens on the MOT, I asked did it have any advisories and he said NO but didn't give me an mot cert, I looked it up online to see when it is due and it had a load of advisories, hopefully he had them all fixed prior to selling it to me or thats very dishonest :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopefully Halfords sorts it for you, but if it's just a matter of VIN coding, I could potentially give you a hand with this as I have Diagbox 7.57 and I'm from NW so not too far from Enfield. Admittedly I would need to do more research into what exactly would need to be done in the software to code the stereo to the car and whether my hardware works with your vehicle.

Sorry I didn't see your message until now, yes Halfords sorted it out and I have a nice new working stereo, my old one and the pile of wires if anyone would like them, its one thing after another my windscreen wiper is now leaving about 3 inches of rain right accross at my eye level lol I did notice halfords fit new ones for about £2 extra, good old halfords

1 - 16 of 16 Posts