Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

207 2007 1.6hdi. Diesel. Ok so Friday car wouldn’t start electronic anti theft error. Saturday worked fine first journey. Got in second time and electronic anti theft message again. Tried to re initialise key no joy. Tried disconnect car battery but now eco mode so can’t do do bsi reset. So now thinking buy some diagnostics software as any garage will charge me at least that if can get started. Buy a new key? Would someone recommend anything else I could try? At moment going to charge battery so eco issue resolved. Then think it’s software but which one car was a bit sluggish nd due a new cam belt on Tuesday but cancelled now as can’t get there. Can anyone help with what to do next without spending a fortune in garage as it’s not economical at 10 years old and 106k on clock

·
6,586 Posts
A Planet read may be needed to find the fault maybe there is someone local on the Planet map.

Other than that if you know the key is OK and you have not swapped cases etc. I would look at the transponder ring as these do fail with symptoms similar to yours.

If you plan on staying around please post an introduction in the appropriate thread :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks is transponder ring part of ignition? Can you tell me how to search planet map or if no one local do I buy some diagnostic software? Yes will pop up an introduction as love my car and can see forum a great help now I’ve found it many thanks

·
6,586 Posts
Transponder ring clips to end of ignition barrel, you have to take the cover off to access it but its a simple plug in and clip on part.

If you put your location in your profile it will make life easier.

If you search for planet map you will find the thread, there is a list in the thread of members if the google map does not work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts