Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks , hope someone can help me , my 2003 2 litre hdi 807 , has been giving bother in respect that it judders and doesnt seem to be getting the right fuel air mix when its been driving for around 50-60 miles , ,,, next day its fine again, loss of power when this happens and when it eventualy takes the revs after my foot being on the accelerator for a few seconds black smoke appears out of the exhaust. i dont know anything about these cars as i have only purchased it last week and there is no warning lights coming on the dash to tell....

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
hi folks , hope someone can help me , my 2003 2 litre hdi 807 , has been giving bother in respect that it judders and doesnt seem to be getting the right fuel air mix when its been driving for around 50-60 miles , ,,, next day its fine again, loss of power when this happens and when it eventualy takes the revs after my foot being on the accelerator for a few seconds black smoke appears out of the exhaust. i dont know anything about these cars as i have only purchased it last week and there is no warning lights coming on the dash to tell....
sounds like its getting too much fuel or not enough air, check air filter

D

·
0 Posts
Being an 807, you'll soon learn about it, you'll need to. :nono:
Get a diagnostic check done firstly and post up the faults.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
going to garage today...

its going to peugeot today to hopefully be sorted, dont know if diagnostics would help if there is no lights on the dash ? ive wrote them a note of the symptoms anyway, so hopefully it helps him diagnose it. 6 months warranty so should hopefully get it sorted in that time frame, any other suggestions mean while , i will be all ears , cause by the sound of some of the posts on this site ,i,m gonna need to learn fast !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have it back from the garage today and so far so good, they said it was a cover that sits over the glow plugs or something like that , they said water was getting in ? does anyone know of this problem ?
:(

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
On the passenger side of the car in front of the windscreen is the cabin air intake box that includes the pollen filter. Rain goes into the grille and drains out near the glow plug module via a rubber pipe that plugs into the bottom of the intake box. It is the most awful bit of design and takes a lot of patience to either remove or refit, often the rubber pipe is not fitted back correctly or is not routed correctly past the glow plug module so the water drains out behind the gearbox. Hope it is truly sorted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guess what ? ... its back to the same crap... back in the garage now , and apparently they think its a regeneration problem , and they will have to drive it themselves so they can diagnose and treat mid problem ? , only have the car a few weeks and already my hert is breaking...:(

·
Registered
16 Posts
806 AirBag warning light

Had an airbag light on for a couple of years, but now it has to be sorted out (more MOT rules:mad:). The garage have coded it and Pretensioner 2 is showing up consistently. The complete seatbelt assembly has to be changed as the PT is integral. My question is, is Pretensioner 2 nearside or offside? The garage says its nearside, but a mechanic friend says that on French cars "1" is nearside and "2" is offside, because basically they are converted LHD cars. It seems to me that it's more likely to be the offside because that being the drivers' side gets more use.

Also, while the garage has been working on it, another error has shown up which is the steering wheel airbag squib. So I'm wondering if the faults are all electronic rather than real, and that maybe all that needs doing is reprogramming (or replacing?) of the airbag ecu.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I think the pre-tensioner on most cars is in the seat belt buckle so I would check the wiring to it on the drivers side especially as the front seats rotate. I would not replace the airbag ecu it is unlikely to be defective from what you have said so far.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Had an airbag light on for a couple of years, but now it has to be sorted out (more MOT rules:mad:). The garage have coded it and Pretensioner 2 is showing up consistently. The complete seatbelt assembly has to be changed as the PT is integral. My question is, is Pretensioner 2 nearside or offside? The garage says its nearside, but a mechanic friend says that on French cars "1" is nearside and "2" is offside, because basically they are converted LHD cars. It seems to me that it's more likely to be the offside because that being the drivers' side gets more use.

Also, while the garage has been working on it, another error has shown up which is the steering wheel airbag squib. So I'm wondering if the faults are all electronic rather than real, and that maybe all that needs doing is reprogramming (or replacing?) of the airbag ecu.

Any comments would be much appreciated.
I don't know if the 807 has connectors under the front seats, my 207 did and also my 3008 has, these plugs can work loose with movement of the seat, this can give a pretensioner/airbag fault. It's worth having a look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts