Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone , recently bought a 2002 307 2.0hdi D Turbo since getting it i have done a couple of hundred miles around town, dual carriageway etc and a few motorway runs with no issues whatsoever. overall i am really happy with cars performance, handling and economy. Now the interesting bit... I did a motorway run earlier today nothing major just a 10 mile stint as i came off tried to accelerate and noticed a severe lack of power as if the turbo was missing. had a few puffs of blue smoke out of the exhaust. Panicking i took it to my mechanic mate who had a look and said he couldnt see anything given that after sitting out front for 5 minutres the smoke had gone and it was revving / running as normal. So i drove it home did the school run and had no problems whatsoever untill i went on the motorway again, same thing a bit of uneven running whilst on the motorway then loss of the turbo . stopped for a minute and its been fine since. Ive pulled the pipe from the turbo side of the engine down to the intercooler off and there was a small amount of oil in there but not loads.
Now any ideas what could be the issue ?
when i had the intercooler pipe off the opposite end to the intercooler has a disc inside the chamber type thing, is this meant to move at all ie when its idleing it should be shut and revs should open it or vise versa ?

PS i know my way round a petrol engine but a diesel is a whole new experience so if my terminology is a little amateur apologies in advance.:lol:

Also forgot , i dont have any warning lights coming on ,on the dashboard !!

·
11,725 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok on startup it's brilliantno smoke at all , it's a bit slow she it's old but I only ticks it anyways. It idles as smooth. A I would expect and around town you can hear the gentle turbo noise ie a wooshy noise but not noisey ! Think I'll have a go at the doser valve , should I see it move when the engine is running etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts