Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car is a 95 m 1.6 205 mardi gras auto,the problem is it wont start at all,after some intensive investigation it appears that there is no power getting to the coil pack and the bores are completly dry which leads me to believe it is the relay that controls the fuel pump/ignition timing, my problem is i cant find the damm relay, the wonderfully written haynes manual( haha useless waste of trees )says the 'relays are mounted on the top right of the bulkhead' haha not on this model, it also says ' the relay are on the side of the heater on auto models' and after spending a hour + on removing the whole of the dash, haha no they aint, not on this model, grrr !!!!!! is there anybody out there that can help me PLEASE because im slowly losing patients with it and it will be going to the scrapman soon, which will be a shame as its just gone through its mot with no hassle at all and is a wonderfull car to drive grrr HELP ME SAVE MY INSANITY PLEASE GRRRR

G

·
Ah, the so called 'fuel injection' relay. Register on Servicebox and you'll find the location and part number, or if you're really lucky Swollocks might find it for you.

Once identified, it's worth seeing if the casing can be removed and the relays innards exposed. If you can there's a good chance re-soldering the whole thing (a process called Fosterisation) will revive it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
engine wont start sequance of checking.

Immobiliser
Inertia fuel shut-off (IFS) switch - if fitted
Electrical connections - engine/battery
Engine management system - connections/wiring
Ignition system
Crankshaft position (CKP) sensor
Fuel pump/fuel pump relay
Air intake system/vacuum system - leaks
Engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor
Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor
Idle speed control (ISC) actuator
Idle air control (IAC) valve
Throttle position (TP) sensor
Injector(s)
Fuel pressure/holding pressure
Engine speed (RPM) sensor
Engine control module (ECM)

fuel pump relay is on the bulkhead passander side

Fuel pump
Checking operation
Ensure ignition switched OFF.
Remove fuel pump relay.
Bridge fuel pump relay base terminals 3 and 5 with a switched lead
Fuel pump should run continuously when switch is operated.
Checking operation
Ensure ignition switched OFF.
Disconnect relay module multi-plug.
Bridge relay module base terminals 8 and 13 with a switched lead.
Fuel pump should run continuously when switch is operated.
3 4

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
since posting my thread, i have found a little black box on the near side strut turrett/bulkhead which contains 4 relays, is 1 of them the relay im looking for???

·
Registered
239 Posts
my book says there are only 2 relays and they sit side by side and the most likely one is the one nearest to the passenger door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts