Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Peugeot 307 HDI 1.6 Estate (2006). Currently has approx 115k miles on it. I haven't had the car long, but I have a few niggles.

1. When starting the car after it has stood all night there is a bit of blue-ish smoke, a little judder when setting off then everything is ok. I have read that this could be caused by a fault on glow plugs? Or even piston rings knackered?

2. The car had a judder through the steering wheel at 50mph. I had the front wheels balanced, now doesn't judder at 50mph but does at 70mph. Any ideas?

3. Ride comfort.... Is it normal that it feels like I am driving a bone shaker. I can feel every little bump in the road, and the uneven streets of Leeds are a killer!

Any input would be appreciated. :)

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry...

I have one more problem....

4. Cruise Control: When I try and turn on cruise control I get an error "Cruise Control Impossible". The speed limiter works fine.

C

·
0 Posts
1) Could be a worn top end, a little oil reside in the tubbie, or valve stem seals. If it clears in seconds I wouldn't worry unduly, considering the mileage. The judder could be the DMF dying, and the mileage is right for that.

2) Balance all 4 wheels and rotate them front to rear. If they're over half worn they won't take a proper balance. Could even be a bent rim or suspension component, but check the obvious first.

3) Ride is firm, especially on 16 and 17" wheeled models, but is nicely damped. If it's punching your kidneys, then I'd say the dampers are tired, which'd be borne out by the mileage.

4) You need to get her on Planet as there could be several causes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts