Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just bought a new 207 and love it, unfortunately, i bought it online from a dealer and when i thought i was getting a verve it was really only the s model and was desperate as my old car had died.. Not really an issue as it was a good deal and the alloys do not appeal however the bluetooth hands free would have been nice.

Is there any way to convert the RD4 headunit to give it the bluetooth functionality, as in the verve, if so is it manageable and where do you get the hardware?

I know i could get a parrot but i like the completely built in look.

Apologies i this is a silly question but can not seem to find an answer.

Many thanks in advance

Billy

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
toggy said:
Hi all,

I have just bought a new 207 and love it, unfortunately, i bought it online from a dealer and when i thought i was getting a verve it was really only the s model and was desperate as my old car had died.. Not really an issue as it was a good deal and the alloys do not appeal however the bluetooth hands free would have been nice.

Is there any way to convert the RD4 headunit to give it the bluetooth functionality, as in the verve, if so is it manageable and where do you get the hardware?

I know i could get a parrot but i like the completely built in look.

Apologies i this is a silly question but can not seem to find an answer.

Many thanks in advance

Billy
Hi Toggie,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear that there was a confusion.. however there is a big difference between S and Verve.. if it is still within 14 days depending on the terms of sale you could take it back...

yes you can change the radio.. and the best place to get it is the scrapyard (question is will there be a verve breaking??) as the dealers would be extortionate.. its not simply the radio.. they need to be coded and there is a small ecu that works the radio functions..

if you really dont want to go through all this... there is another option.. I know you said that you could get a parrot like thing but if you invest in a good bluetooth thing it looks nice and well worth the investment..

·
Registered
77 Posts
its not the radio that you change to add the bluetooth to be the same as the verve, the RD4 radio does not carry the Bluetooth part, this is an additional part that plugs in the rear of the RD4, but you will also need the microphone and wiring, if you go on service box these can be purchased, however the radio does have to be re-programmed at the dealer

downside is you have to loose your ipod connection as you cannot have both

this the same for all peugeots using the RD4 radio

the verve is the only model in the current 207 range with the bluetooth, all the others have the ipod connection

my wife has a new 207 verve and loves the bluetooth

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Scot and 407,

I am just waiting for my login for service box to see how much the parts are.

Failing that a trip round the scrappies or i will just fall back on to the parrot plan.

Is it expensive for peugeot to reprogramme the radio?

Many thanks for all your help

Billy :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts