Peugeot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
intro: im a qualified ( retired ) mechanic and diagnostics is my area of interest and hobby so hopefully I can help,

I was on Peugeot central but not impressed ( you have to pay them to help people:eek: ) only allowed 5 posts there then you pay £10 a year:confused: and I only joined to help others and share my experience for free,

im not competing with other techs! that's not for me, been there and causes too much hassle,

my ride is the pug 407 2005 exec estate auto tiptronic SE 3.0 petrol and what a lovely car they are and much nicer than the xantia I had when Citroen's were the preferred choice till I saw the light:thumb: still citroens are great cars especially the C6.

G

·
Hi - and a very big welcome!

We are a friendly bunch here, good banter and no membership fees!

As you say, some techs are always getting their willies out to measure them... the rest of us just get on with it - life is too short. I guess that is the inetrnet.... forums are full of them. No-one knows everything, and we are all wrong sometimes.

Have fun here...

David

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you said it in one there mate ( he who makes no mistakes makes nothing ) even the best make! shall I say hiccup's and that's a very nice welcome indeed and most welcomed:thumb:

G

·
Welcome to the forums, you timed it right as we've just had a reshuffle to make it a lot easier to use :)

What car do you drive?

Rich :thumb:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
I do believe at this point i should say "i told you so", glad you took my advice , great bunch here , you will enjoy yourself and its all good clean (sometimes) fun.

Another one over from the darkside!!!!! :jedi:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
407mad said:
nice car, very good choice (not bias to the 407, much) welcome
I think the reason pugbod is here , is that he does not want to compete with someone who has a "god complex", and i do believe if he goes to the forum you are talking about that fella is there aswell,
theres no point in joining a forum to be told you and the rest of the nation are wrong and hes right,
a year ago god almighty was posting for someone to tell him what was wrong with his pug and a year later he has more letters after his name than Mr kellog cornflakes,
experience is one thing but being an obnoxious arrogant prick who is out to further his own buiness is another,
saying that there are some great guys at that site yourself included.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hopefully you don't think I have a god complex:confused: that's a shop floor issue and since im retired I cant score there nor do I want to ( too old for that now:) ) I merely state the facts from where to start from ( fault codes as you know are deceptive little buggers ) so you need to know the back ground of the systems to check what else could cause that problem ie: a vacuum pipe off will throw lots of codes because it effects the fuel/air ratio (O2 sensor/MAF/EGR/FAP etc) the list is endless when all is was is a vacuum pipe off,

just an example of things to consider ( the more fault codes you get means probably one thing is the problem ) dealers tend to throw new parts in for profit rather than a fix then blame it on something else and that's where the cost spirals hence the fear of taking your car to the dealership,

im here to prevent that and dealers don't like it because we are all smarter than they think and prefer DIY due to cost.;)

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
pugbod said:
hopefully you don't think I have a god complex:confused: that's a shop floor issue and since im retired I cant score there nor do I want to ( too old for that now:) ) I merely state the facts from where to start from ( fault codes as you know are deceptive little buggers ) so you need to know the back ground of the systems to check what else could cause that problem ie: a vacuum pipe off will throw lots of codes because it effects the fuel/air ratio (O2 sensor/MAF/EGR/FAP etc) the list is endless when all is was is a vacuum pipe off,

just an example of things to consider ( the more fault codes you get means probably one thing is the problem ) dealers tend to throw new parts in for profit rather than a fix then blame it on something else and that's where the cost spirals hence the fear of taking your car to the dealership,

im here to prevent that and dealers don't like it because we are all smarter than they think and prefer DIY due to cost.;)
the reference was to the one who tryed to rap your knuckles over that issue on another forum (no names needed)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really do try not to offend with answers because im a qualified mechanic and its expected from me but if someone does as they did on that other site I will expose them ( nothing personal ) but a question on fault codes deserves a quality answer to start looking even if the code is spurious to the fault and deliberately erasing the main fault code as they did on that site is unacceptable because that's where you start,

of course you know the post:thumb: .

·
Registered
4 Posts
intro: im a qualified ( retired ) mechanic and diagnostics is my area of interest and hobby so hopefully I can help,

I was on Peugeot central but not impressed ( you have to pay them to help people:eek: ) only allowed 5 posts there then you pay £10 a year:confused: and I only joined to help others and share my experience for free,

im not competing with other techs! that's not for me, been there and causes too much hassle,

my ride is the pug 407 2005 exec estate auto tiptronic SE 3.0 petrol and what a lovely car they are and much nicer than the xantia I had when Citroen's were the preferred choice till I saw the light:thumb: still citroens are great cars especially the C6.
Hi there

Hi

Hi, maybe you could help with my problem. Recently this sign pops up in my dashboard. Brought it back to the dealer and them as well doesn't have any clue what it is. Just own a month old 2021 3008 gt hybrid. Please see attached file. Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.