Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Fox Evo alloys fitted this morning.
Hmm, not sure about them! Another Flea-bay special though. :lol:

Was panicking about the online courier I'd used (started reading crap reviews of them just after i'd booked them) but all came good in the end.

Happy days.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL will post pics next week. Just dunno if they're a bit "fussy" with all the spokes. They emphasize the gap something awful now cos the tyres are low profile.
Need to get the tracking sorted too now. Getting mad steering shake at 50mph.
Moan moan moan!

·
Registered
387 Posts
gemma74 said:
17", same as what was on it. Just lower profile tyres. Will take pics after it's washed. :D
If you had 17's already on (peugeot I guess) and you have swapped them for after market alloys with low profiles your speedo will record the wrong speed.

A lot of 17" alloys get sold on eBay stating they are for 307's but have 195/45/17 tyres on and they are the wrong size.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that Steve.
The new ones are 205/45/17..(came off a 306) can't remember what the standard tyres were.

Yeh, there was a load of complete tosh on Ebay. People selling 5 stud, offset 48, etc, etc and saying "Yeh, fit a peugeot no problem...".

Zoo...u always this bossy? :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
OK, the standard tyre size for a 307 with 17's is 205/50/17, you new tyres are 205/45/17 which means that your speedo will be 3.2% too fast.

It's better that it's a bit faster than it being a bit slower though as at least you won't drift over the speed limit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL @ Zoo.
Thanks for that Steve. God, my old Saxo must've been way off. That had 15"s on it to replace the 13"s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts