Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm going to need new tyres at the front. Has anyone changed theirs for anything other than Michelin PS3?

I've noticed that PS2 is more expensive and more available. Has anyone fitted them?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think I'm going to need new tyres at the front. Has anyone changed theirs for anything other than Michelin PS3?

I've noticed that PS2 is more expensive and more available. Has anyone fitted them?
I've the same spec car as yours and just swapped all my tyres to goodyear efficiency performance grips after 17.5k's out of the stock Michelins.

So far so good with the Goodyears, very quiet and great road holding wet and dry. Plus for £360 for 4 fitted I couldn't grumble.

I haven't tried PS2's although the PS3's aren't bad tyres to be fair.

Shame yours is a company car as I have my 2 rear Michelin PS3's kicking around doing nothing with near 6mm of tread still on them that I'm looking to sell.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I noticed that ps3 has been succeeded by ps4 since Jan. I'm now wondering what 2016 models come with. My tyres come from Kwik fit so it's going to supersport or ps4. Did you do don't to back swap as my rears look OK still but I think I've 3mm on front. Will start driving without traction control in dry to see how hard I can push the car...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After my first service I was given an advisory that tyres were 2mm.
So called out Kwik Fit (lease company) The chap who came out to fit the tyres fitted Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. Have done a swap front to back (new on back). Something the fitter didn't want to do but I wanted so I can change out the other two tyres in a few months.

I'll see how long the tyres last.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good replacement. I read good things about the new Pilot Sport 4. Let us know ur experience along the way, especially after changing the remaining tires as well. :thumb:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought I'd update this post. Just had new tyres on front (my original factory rears). They were down to 2/2.5mm. I've had the Pilot Sport 4 again. These are now on rear (new). Old PS4s on front. I've done 8k since last two were changed (Old fronts). These are on 6mm.

What I have noticed I had lots of scuttle shake style ride with the worn tyres. This has just disappeared. Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
109 Posts
What I have noticed I had lots of scuttle shake style ride with the worn tyres. This has just disappeared. Anyone else noticed this?
I've just looked at my tyres and have about 1mm until my wear indicator so I am starting to look for new rubber. Anyone have any suggestions. Interested in Goodyear Efficient grip at the moment. Saw in another thread that these seem popular, is everyone still pleased?

Done 21k on the factory fit Michelin and I have noticed a bit of scuttle shake in slow bends/junctions, especially backing off my drive, thought it may have been just the ice. I'd be interested in peoples opinions of their tyres, I do a mix of motorway and national speed limit country lane driving.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Efficientgrip are tires most of 308s delivered with. Not bad, but old tires, EfficientGrip Performance is substitute for a few years now. One of the best on ADAC tests, with BlueResponse and Primacy3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts