Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having bought a 2002 2 litre HDi cheap for my daughter I am working my way through the faults and looking for ways to keep it reliable.

So for I have replaced most of the illimination bulbs inside the car and replaced a burnt out section of loom going to the heater resister to get that working.

So now for some info please :D

How do I know what power it it (90 or 110?)
Does it have a DPF and associated problems that goes with it?
And how can I make it reliable (Blanking egr without faut codes etc?)

·
Registered
437 Posts
If it has an intercooler then its the 110 and will have the associated DPF.

EGR can be blanked with a grub screw placed into the rubber pipe that goes into the top of the EGR valve but do this with the engine off.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant say I have noticed an intercooler (WIll look when it stops raining)

Any guides or pictures showing how to blank/disable the egr?

·
Registered
437 Posts
The intercooler is tall and quite narrow.

This is the 2.0L 110 with upper intercooler pipe highlighted:

EGR valve viewed from the rear of the engine. You can see the rubber pipe going into the top of it:

·
Registered
596 Posts
That's my point, it doesn't :) Just go cruise the older threads, most photobucket photos have been deleted, leaving the post/tutorial hopeless.

Most (serious) image hosts leave the image up as long as they are being accessed every year or so...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just checked and no intercooler so I have the 90 bhp one.

Is there an easy way to get to the vacuum pipe for the egr and I take it I need to block the pipe coming from the engine to the egr and just leave the egr metal bit that the pipe went onto just open to air.

Does doing that cause any engine lights?

And as for Photobucket I use it too as its reliable (Unless the uploader moves/deletes the picture)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the link.

Looks nice and easy so will give it a go.

Also noticed on that link he said he has unplugged the blue plug on the solenoid so will do that too.

So being a 90 bhp does that mean no DPF?

Also anything else I should look out for?

The car has done 225k so going to give it a good service and do the cambelt.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It makes a cleaner burn for the engine and gives better low down power.

They also allow the soot from the engine to be passed into the inlet manifold etc and clog everything up.

It was only there to meet new build emissions at idle.

They are more trouble than they are worth lol.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also how can I add an extra key with remote locking?

The key I have has the 2 buttons but no pcb inside.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I agree EGR are worhless. I blanked mine with a grub screw as mentioned earlier and then about 2 years later took the oportunity to remove the EGR completely and when I did I noticed that the actual valve was completely blocked anyway.

A new key is another matter. You'd need a new virgin PCB and transponder and Peugeot Planet to programme it as well as knowing your transponder code. Do a search as it's covered lots on this forum.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hmm.....
I've cleaned plenty of egr valves (not just Peugeot ones) and refitted them with no issues.
My wife's 307 has completed 200k miles and the egr valve has never been touched, but it has always had regular on schedule maintenance with a quality fully synthetic oil, at least since 93k miles.

Roger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts