Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm due to replace a full set of discs and pads on a 2005 2.0 Peugeot 307cc in the next week, although it seems to be hard work figuring out what discs I will actually need (on the rear).

From what I understand, some 307's use discs with a built in bearing on the rear, whilst some are just plain discs, is this right? If so, how do I know which ones that I need? I have tried all different car outlets, and they each give the option of supplying a disc with or without the bearing and a different size, so there is obviously a difference!

If someone could clear this up for me it would make life a heck of a lot easier. I'm not sure if someone could do me a massive favour and look this up on the Peugeot software for me - the VIN is VF33BRFJF 84067234, engine number is: LH1V1289691 - these are the numbers I have been given by the owner.

So surely if the wheel bearing is part of the rear brake disc, the whole hub has to be removed, right? I'm also a little bit confused about removing the calipers? Is this right that you need something called a "Pentagon bit"??? And also am I correct in saying that these have calipers made by Bendix, Lucas and Bosch?

Luckily I have a a caliper piston rewind kit for the brakes, apart from this, I'm not really geared up for Peugeot's! Why do they make it so difficult?

Any help much appreicated,
Many Thanks,
Anthony.

D

·
0 Posts
Rear discs part number: 4249.34
There are two different types of pads, one are TRW Lucas 4254.67 and other Bosch 4654.76. You need to take them off to check.
You don't need any pentagon bits or anything. 15mm spanner and a 13mm spanner. Wind back tool would be useful too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks for your help, so does this car have the discs with the bearings in them, and would this involve removing the rear hub nut? Can this be done with a breaker bar? I cannot find any tightening torque data for the rear hub nut.

So what are the pentagon bits used for then? Is this just for servicing the calipers themselves?

Many Thanks,
Anthony.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts