Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new the the 206. I bought one just today, a beautiful colour 'Look' edition one. 52 plate.

I have a few queries that I am hoping could be answered!

Does this one have an alarm? I have the two button keyfob but one unlocks and the other locks. I've tried that thread but nothing happens, it unlocks..

Also, I'm looking for some nice kickplates just to finish off the inside, any idea where I can get some? Saying peugeot, or 206.

Anyone have any idea where I can get a handbook from? Possibly even an online edition? That'd be great!

Cheers

Myke

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i know if you look on the center dash controls next to the hazard light button there is a central locking button and inbetween is an alarm button...if not then no. but it does have an inbuilt manufacture fitted immobiliser...that is what i know about 307 and because it is peugeot it is probably the same for the 206.

as for the kickplates your best bet is fleabay...or google :D

as for the owners manual, you can pick one up from the dealership for less then a tenner apparently, but may need to order it in.

or

you can download

http://rapidshare.com/files/202616435/Peugeot-_206_Owners_Manual.rar

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ever so much!

I was able to buy some kickplates from Halfords today..

ahhh, I love my 206 :D

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
sounds good, i am after some angel lights and mudflaps meself, give it a little extra of styling :D

anywayz welcome to the forum. :thumb:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers CCK, there's just a few things that I need to fix with my 206. It has a few tiny scratches, which I expected of a car of it's age, so I have some t-cut polish which should mask them, the vanity mirror on the drivers side is smashed in the casing and the visors are generally loose, I wonder if I can buy some new ones?

Still giving it a full valet, can't way to add the kickplates tomorrows... should look awesome. Oh and I need a steering wheel cover for it because the steering wheel is slightly worn.

I wonder if you can help me - two things - under the steering wheel, the casing is slightly loose, like where there's a bolt to get to the electrics? Any way I can tighten it?

The rear window heater button thing doesn't say in, it just comes out again unlike the A/C one... and also the 206 beeps sometimes, with no warning lights... the radio works so I don't think it's that, any ideas? :p

also the LCD display light behind is slightly dim, what do I ask for when i buy a new one?

paha makes the car sound like a crap heap but it's not... it's perfect apart from the few niggles :)

bloody bank holiday, i need to tax it!! :(

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i wouldnt use t-cut meself on my car, as i have been told that the stuff is abrasive and will remove the laquer and damage the metalic paint on the car, and if i did do it, the car wont look right at all....

your best bet and cheapest, is to find a scrappy or fleabay for your visors, and any other items that may need changing... dont go to the dealer unless you have won the euro millions, the normal lottory still wont cover the cost.

as for the loose panel, i am not sure but i can find out.

by the sounds of it the button is knackered. again fleabay or scrappy is your best bet to get a cheapy, even one that is bust and you can frankenstein the thing.

the beeping can be anything tbth, is anything displayed on the center display at all?

now which display are you onna bout, if it is the center one, you can pick them up from www.crazyleds.co.uk and they are 509/t (twistys) or you can go to dealer but i think they are about £2, not sure. if its the speedo, you will notice you have 2 button, press the left one, with the lights on and that will adjust the brightness.

i just spent £180 yesterday on annual car tax, but i hear you lucky sods with a 206 have very very cheap tax:(

john

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My tax is 124 I think :p but it's telling me I am not insured, but I am! so I have to wait for the certificate.... i only bought it yesterday. :p

Thanks for all the help John, my Dad has used this polish-y stuff on his 607 and it's not very noticeable, so I'll get him to do it, maybe he done something magic lol :p With the button, do I just buy the button or the whole console thing... haha.. I'm so lamee. xD

Cheers again!

edit: just been on crazy LEDs, they have nothing for a 206 :eek:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
you should be fine mate to drive on the roads, its all ANPR now, and that is a split second. and if the police pick you up they will ring the insurance company to confirm if you do and dont have insurance - too much road wars i think :p if you do it online, you shouldnt have any problems, just v5c doc number and away :p i was runnning with an out of date tax disk (but bought a new online) just aswell, VOSA were doing spot checks on A169 :p nearly got collared for a MOT but someone was infront :p

keep us posted on how it goes, would like to know, got a few scratchs (from when i ran my mate over and he was stuck on my bonnet) and a few scruffs from a car vs garden fence match tryin to get into the driveway. hahaha - makes me sound quite chavvy

the button wont be available by itself. it will come as a unit. does yours have auto climate control or the manual 3 knobs things?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's the manual one :p

and the t-cut, sure i will let you know and even take before and after if you wish!

na, I need to buy the tax online but the tax online thing is saying the database is saying im not insured, so i have to wait 24 hours and see if it works again :)

also, with the beeping, i have no idea what it is, there's no lights showing or saying anything, if it was the radio then it wouldn't work would it?

i'm driving on my provisional still, not passed just yet, going to use my car for practice and then for my proper car :) once i pass I will make it a bit more sexeh! xD

i think the dealer had scraped the wall whilst we was there and covered the scrape on the bumper in shoe polish, washed it yesterday and this morning went out to find an orange mark so i must've rubbed the shoe polish off haha because i have no walls near me... dad reckons it'll be alright to get out anyway, my car smells nice too :D

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
yeah they are a barstewart to get out and fit a new....bit me a few time and made me bleed while my mates just laughed at me :lol:

a before and after will be mint :thumb:

yeah probs be just waiting for it to update on their end.

hmmm... could be the fact that the radio isnt coded to your car... not sure if it will keep still working though.

i did the same mate, got meself a 307 went driving, got a little more confident passed with only 5 minors... that was 1 year and 30,000 miles ago :p drive everywhere now :D now i am looking into an advanced driving course with the RAF not doing pass plus insurance company didnt even recognise it.

ive done a few mods meself like, changed the orange dash lights in the car to full blue, none of the orange is left, the guide is on this forum somewhere. changed my seats, as per my picture - front and back, blue footwell lights in all 4, an amp and parcel shelf speakers and sony HU (blue illumination) and replaced the courtesy lights with blue leds and left the map readers white.

my next task is sport lights front and back, rear window tint and quite poss rims... :p

yeah just a bit of a cleanup will help....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got any pictures of your car? it sounds really nice!

I'm going for the 'sporty but subtle look' ... well, I don't want to look boy race-y but I want it to have some style :p

I might put some blue well lights in the back, idk, It's a 3 door so ... the seats look really nice! I might try and get a GTI petrol cap for it (yanno the chrome ones?) and it has an end on the exhaust to make it look sporty I think, which is a bit rusty but I cleaned that up with coca cola... haha!

What did you cut yourself on?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i keep meaning to but just getting the time right form washing the car, to when a bird craps on it is hard >:{ but will get a few and send them on.

yeah thats the aim im going for tbh i havnt totaly decided if the lights and that are going to be definate yet.

aiii i know the caps, see them all the time on the 206's near where i live like. the footwell lights are awesome as ive heard people saying when they take a peak, and they were only £7 for a pair of strips, not like halfords ripping ppl off! only prob was trying to figure where to wire. then i clicked, use the most useless light in the car - the ashtray light :lol:

that reminds me i just spent £108 on a new exhaust. mine kinda fell off but was held on by 1 mount and was being dragged along next to my rear wheel. that for about 70+miles to gateshead from whitby, put it back on and the baffles were gone, so a new one it was. sounded like a rally car or a c*nt with no exhaust, depending on how you look at it :p is it all sparkly and that now? i gotta stop drinking that stuff :lol:

when i took the control apart, there is 2 wires with hooks on the end, that are under tension, well putting one on isnt that hard but the second caught me hand then fingers, so now my car is part of me! haha

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha, awesome, I called my friend yesterday and she came running up to see my car, the next thing I know she is waxing off for me haha! Yeah, the ashtray light is pretty lame... my dad knows how to wire so I'll leave that to him... I am useless when it comes to cars... when he said 'open the bonnet' i was like urmmm where's the switch for that?! but then i found it under the left passengers. i just wish the tax would come so i could get out driving!

The kick plates I bought were ripspeed, when I was in halfords I saw all these things say 'RS' and I was like uh oh best not buy them because I don't want people to think I'm trying to make my car look like an RS version when it's not, so I bought these ones with a tiny RS in the corner, look smooth, will do a before and after of them too.

But just now I realised that RS stands for RipSpeed and is a brand... haha.

I need to get a new gear stick galter too because this one has a few yukky marks on, and maybe a new gearnob just because this one looks a bit yukky xD Can't wait until it's all perfect!

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
hahaha dont worry i have been there aswell... a common one that i did but also very dangerous, was when switching between main beam and dipped i would accidently go to side lights, doesnt sound bad but do it on a country lane in the middle of the yorkshire moors, you soon get adrenaline :lol: nearly hit a deer just last week and did the same :lol did an half crap me pants. but got lucky lol

hahaha yeah tbh i would of thought it meant RS model aswell... its funny that i put a "turbo" badge on my mothers Ford KA, the amount of funny faces people make is hilarious, my mother was like WTF why is everyone looking at me funny? famous moment.

yeah mine aint looking to good aswell, looking at buying blue leather gaiter to match with blue interior. ive heard though that getting the knob off is solid, have to be superman to get it off.

i dont think i will ever get rid of this car, being my first and doing all this stuff... probs keep it, till becomes too old and frail like me old man, then put it out to pasture. :lol:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha yeah I can't see me getting rid of mine either, all my friends are so jealous in their old M reg Novas xD

arguing over the front seat haha!

I am superman xD

and LOL ... i saw them badges today, they look kinda cool but i wouldn't want to look stoopid if soemone said to me 'sorry but thats not that model' i'd be embarassed haha.

looking for a cheap cd changer too, might find one in the scrap yard, who knows?!

I wonder if you could hook the lights up to the interior light so they only came on when people got in the car (the strips of leds) ... that'd be cool.

The red cover on the ash tray light fell off today.. LOL :|

It's kinda embarassing because all I can do is clean it and not drive it xD

but i love it so i don't care, i am a bit of a perfectionist haha.

i am superman!

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
yeah i can see that actually, my mates had an old micra and fiesta lol get yourself an aftermarket one, with mp3 play back etc... will save you on burning cds for each album lol

you can do that with the lights but its kinda big job, have to get the cable to the same feed etc. and like i say it really is pointless lol

dont you currently have tax till the 31st or did the dealership not give you a green tax form? got one when i got mine took me till the monday when the post office was open lol

awesome to know that even superman has a peugeot :lol:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ooo.. no i never got one of them green tax forms :eek:

according the inet the tax expired 1.12.2009 anyway lol :/

spose yeah it is kinda pointless xD

and oo yeah that sounds a good idea, are they expensive? ;o

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
oh well about a year then, they might have declared it sorn while it was on sale.

nah the strips are about £7 a pair and come with 70cm of cable, so more cable is required from halfords....

you get the strips from www.crazyleds.co.uk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Haha,my dad wants me to buy him some of them waterproof leds off there for the 'audi headlight' look :p and he has some daytime styling lights in his shed that he said he will put on it for me. i am going to get some blue footwell lights me thinks.

going to polish it today using that t-cut stuff, and the kickplates so I will post pictures (after I have had my driving lesson in the aa ford focus xD)

edit: Also, can you recommend me any relatively cheap alarms? This doesn't have one, just an immobiliser soo... ;p

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
mykehx said:
Haha,my dad wants me to buy him some of them waterproof leds off there for the 'audi headlight' look :p and he has some daytime styling lights in his shed that he said he will put on it for me. i am going to get some blue footwell lights me thinks.

going to polish it today using that t-cut stuff, and the kickplates so I will post pictures (after I have had my driving lesson in the aa ford focus xD)

edit: Also, can you recommend me any relatively cheap alarms? This doesn't have one, just an immobiliser soo... ;p
Good luck for your test.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 362 Posts