Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first pug..
A 06 plate 407 SW estate, 1.8 petrol.

The mfd went all funny while I was driving it up the motorway ( orange monochrome one.. )

I see that it's a common fault and I need a newer one.. I'll get onto that soon..

Now, though my radio has a "tel" button I can't for the life of me get it to do anything..

There must be some phone connectivity because there is a microphone stuck on the windscreen pillar at the top right.. Or is that something aftermarket?

There I'd also something large and round behind the rear view mirror which from a few posts I've skimmed through seems to be a gps aerial?

Is that just standard issue or has the radio been swapped out for a lower model at some point!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello and welcome
not sure for the model?
maybe if you take a picture and post of the radio?

Regarding the round thing behind the mirror stuck on the windscreen? are you sure it is not the rain/light sensor for the automatic wipers and automatic lights?

·
5,030 Posts
I have had 2 2006 407's and the first one had the tel button but not the bluetooth option in the menu,but the second which was later model does have the bluetooth/handsfree option.
3 ways to tell if yours des (it won't but dont take my word for it :lol:) first way is to press the menu button for the centre MFD and if you have it, it has a phone option.
second way is to try and press the LEFT hand stalk,again if you have the option it is a proper push button on the end

third is, is there a little phone symbol on your mfd with a line through it ??
The round gps ariel is for a trafficmaster aftermarket satnav system, you may have a button for it (mines on the cowling near where the adjuster is for reach/rake) just remove it if it annoys you (mine went within days)

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/removing-trafficmaster-smartnav-114826/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts