Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 55 plate 407 1.6 HDI SE. Just under 68k on the clock. I have planet and have checked the car. I am getting the following errors

Intermittent Fault. Diesel high pressure regulation circuit Pressure below reference value and pump filling flow reference value too high

Intermittent fault. Diesel high pressure regulation circuit pressure below reference value.

The issue I get is i can be driving along and the car looses all power the oil pressure warning comes on with the red STOP. I stop the car turn it off and start it up again and it will drive but with the engine light on.

I decided to clear the faults ( I know can be bad if thares a bad fault ) but the car runs great managed to do around 100 miles then I went to floor the excelerator and poof did it again.

I had this issue in Feb this year and a garage cleared the faults and was great until this weekend worth noting seems to only do it in cold wet weather But could be just a coincedence.

Ive had a read about and I am going to change the fuel filter as I have ran it a couple of times this month right down to almost empty.

Any and all ideas welcome

Cheers Kenn

Attachments

·
11,778 Posts
Change fuel filter and run a couple of tanks of good fuel through the system, maybe adding some fuel additive like Millers Ecomax.

When you last had the problem, did the garage just clear the faults and perform no work on the car? That would be like going to the doctors with an illness then walking out after you've told them of the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gibbo Yes it was a back street garage that had one of those fits all readers he checked it cleared it and it ran fine until friday night. Then it played up. I will add that friday night when it came back I did plant my foot rather heavely on the gas to overtake a car thats when it just packed in I had to coast with next to no stearing to the Hard sholder then it restarted fine

"must add nothing wrong with a back street garage"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was running the redex diesel addative in it then kinda got bored. And the last couple of weeks ive just been putting a tenner in normaly i fill it up but being lazy i guess so I thought I may be sucking some crap up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts