Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am all new to this forum and after a bit of help my peugeot 307 2.0hdi 2003 has problem after problem
1 car wont start in the morning have to jump start changed battery and checked alternater and charge is going back to battery when running
2 car is a 2.0 but drives like a 1.4 it has turbo fitted ive changed air filter and fuel filter with no change
3abs light on

any help i would be greatfull my partner went to buy the car and it has been a pain since

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi i am all new to this forum and after a bit of help my peugeot 307 2.0hdi 2003 has problem after problem
1 car wont start in the morning have to jump start changed battery and checked alternater and charge is going back to battery when running
2 car is a 2.0 but drives like a 1.4 it has turbo fitted ive changed air filter and fuel filter with no change
3abs light on

any help i would be greatfull my partner went to buy the car and it has been a pain since
1 See if the battery is actually holding its charge - or see if there is something in the car causing it to loose charge over night such as a faulty light switch on a door i.e. the boot (check the retainment of charge first)

2 im not sure

3 im not sure either

sorry thats the best I can come up with

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
2 chances are your car is fitted with a dpf there is plenty of info on the net and here to help fix is, please use the search function

3 abs sensors will need a clean the gap between sensor and abs ring will need resetting to 2mm...also a lot of info on this site, please use search again.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
1, You`ll need to get it on a Diagnostics to see fuel parameters ,

2 , Unplug air flow meter and see if car runs better ,

3 , Again Diagnostics for new ABS sensor .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry i meant air bag not abs light comes on 5 minutes after driving as far as battery goes got few things to try in morning. battery checker so i can see if low before i try and start it. if wont start have a jump pack just brought glow plugs so will change them noticed today where the air mass meter is there is oil inside not a great deal but enough for concern .if i disconnect the mass sensor car still has no more power i understand this car isnt a scooby but to hit 70 is fine at slow rate but wont go faster car makes wheerling noise when speed up and down. engine runs fine theres no judder eratic ideling etc bugging the hell out of me now back box is rusty as could this be the performance problem.

again thank you for replys

·
Registered
586 Posts
Battery lack of power is causing fault lights to be illuminate or Comms 2000 may be faulty. Also may be a cause of lack of power but its rare - diag may be required

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Battery lack of power is causing fault lights to be illuminate or Comms 2000 may be faulty. Also may be a cause of lack of power but its rare - diag may be required
its a new battery my mate said he doesent think the battery i have is the right one ill take to garage see if any codes pop up cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
last question the dpf does it have a seperate tank from the diesel to mix in chamber if so where is it located and how to check level

1 - 9 of 9 Posts