Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've mentioned about this before, but I'll recap for everyone.

For some reason my 307 does not like going over a certain speed, it was 60 but now its 70 after a flush of the system, and going over certain revs, about 3600. ECU kicks in and anti-pollution comes up on the display and the car beeps and cuts all acceleration. Now, I've been thinking it might be something to do with the fuel filter, as I don't know when it had its last service or the history of the car, as it didn't really come with any, and as because of the fuel system being flushed it going higher in speed.

My other half was talking to someone about it in general and they suggested that maybe its the clutch. It has a high clutch in it, which I know I've got to get done, but its running fine at the minute. (Money stops me from doing this). Anyway, they started doing a test in my car on the motorway. Most cleverish place in the world to perform this test, but they did. What they did was, they raced it up to 80mph and, it beaps before it actually kicks in the ECU, and it beaped. They put the clutch in as soon as it beeped. Keeping his foot on the clutch, my other half played with the accelerator, revving it whilst they were rolling on the motorway doing whatever speed. (They are so wise it is unbelievable!). Anyway, they let it come back down in revs/speed to under 3600revs/70mph and it drove perfectly fine.

Now this clutch is really high. I literally can tap it like a sports clutch and change gear. I have noticed, after not racing little Saxo buggers, that when changing from 1st to 2nd, once I take my foot completely off the clutch, I get a sudden rush of acceleration. (Secretly, I call it my speed boast. 5 year old nephew loves it).

To me, I wouldn't think a clutch issue would bring up Anti-pollution fault. But then again, the clutch could be causing another issue... which I can't think of. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I think it could be fuel pump not sure but have read a post after google search could be here is the post.

Finally, the parts have arrived and they have installed it. This is what they told me. The Pug has 2 fuel pump, low pressure and the high pressure. The one that gave up was the high pressure one, hence there is not enough fuel going to the cylinders thus degrading the performance.

The thing that I don't understand is, why did the depollution sensor faulty warning pops up rather than fuel pump.

The car now drives great, went back to Seri Manjung over the weekend and hit 170Km/h easily.

BTW the parts was sourced from other service centres and not from France. The thing is, even though I was very upset about the whole scenario, all is forgiven after you feel the power of the lion back on tap.

Depollution Sensor Faulty - Autoworld Forum

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never am able to get it onto a diagnostic machine to read it when it happens. And when I sent it in to be looked at with a mechanic I trust, he took it to be a blockage and only ran the car's revs up to 2500rpm when it kicks in at 3600. So not been able to get the codes.

That was some interesting reading about the fuel pump. I didn't think the 307 had a high pressure pump. Thought it would be just one pump. I'll have a look in my Haynes book tomorrow and see what it entails. Though I'm still gotta have the clutch done and give it a good service.

J

·
0 Posts
All diesels have the high pressure one on the engine.... not all have the low pressure one in the fuel tank though.
If its a new high pressure pump..... make sure you're sitting down before seeing the price :nod:
3600rpm in a diesel is definitely pushing it though :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who's the nearest to me with a planet kit? Still trying to get it sorted for myself, but if I can get someone with a kit to get the code off when it does it then I stand a better chance of sorting it. I don't want to go off and buy new parts and find it wasn't that.

The only thing I can think with your suggestion nige, which are good, was the problem got a slightly better when the fuel system was cleaned out. So if it was a sensor fault, it shouldn't have got better, right?

I think I'm gonna have to lay down the law with my partner and go, 'Buy me this now, b***h!' for the diagnostic tool.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Who's the nearest to me with a planet kit? Still trying to get it sorted for myself, but if I can get someone with a kit to get the code off when it does it then I stand a better chance of sorting it. I don't want to go off and buy new parts and find it wasn't that.

The only thing I can think with your suggestion nige, which are good, was the problem got a slightly better when the fuel system was cleaned out. So if it was a sensor fault, it shouldn't have got better, right?

I think I'm gonna have to lay down the law with my partner and go, 'Buy me this now, b***h!' for the diagnostic tool.
Just tell him if he buys you the diagnostics, you'll give him a 'diagnosis' - being a bloke he will take it will take it completely the wrong way and assume some sort of sexual fantasy... and BAM!!! you've just manipulated him.

Phil

S

·
0 Posts
For how cheap they are becoming i'd say go for it, 2 self diags and its pretty much paid for itself!

Or go for phil's advice, either way its a winner! :lol:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You in wolverhampton i am in bilston and as i am getting rid of my 407 i am also going to sell my planet it is the better model one with better pcb board and cost me more was around £175 in a carry case hard plastic with sponge lining.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You in wolverhampton i am in bilston and as i am getting rid of my 407 i am also going to sell my planet it is the better model one with better pcb board and cost me more was around £175 in a carry case hard plastic with sponge lining.
What would you be looking for it Nige? I can easily come up one weekend and get it. Let me know and I'll twist his arm... or something... very violently.

J

·
0 Posts
A case won't make it any better. What makes this PCB better than what the rest of us get from China for £50?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
A case won't make it any better. What makes this PCB better than what the rest of us get from China for £50?
Quality of components Mr Kent oh the case was free.

Bear in mind these started off over £400 when they hit the market and yes to make cheaper copys in china what you think they put in them .

J

·
0 Posts
Quality of components Mr Kent oh the case was free.

Bear in mind these started off over £400 when they hit the market and yes to make cheaper copys in china what you think they put in them .
They may have been £400 to start, but just because they are cheaper now doesn't necessarily mean they are poorer quality - may well be, but I don't personally know.

Look at all electronics... computers, dvd players, HD TVs.... they are all expensive to start off with, but over time they become a lot cheaper... but whether the parts are any less in quality isn't really evident. In theory, with development, they should be getting better quality.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts