Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest i wouldn't order the panoramic roof as an optional extra. I usually have to close it up to keep the sun out of my eyes much to the disappointment of the children. If it had been designed to roll up above the driver's head that would have worked much better, the space used for the rolled blind would have provided a useful sun shield for me while still allowing the children to enjoy the sky.
On the new car there look to be some bulges around the tailgate hinges so I'm guessing they've added some strength to the roof at the expense of a full length panoramic roof.

·
Registered
366 Posts
To be honest i wouldn't order the panoramic roof as an optional extra. I usually have to close it up to keep the sun out of my eyes much to the disappointment of the children. If it had been designed to roll up above the driver's head that would have worked much better, the space used for the rolled blind would have provided a useful sun shield for me while still allowing the children to enjoy the sky.
On the new car there look to be some bulges around the tailgate hinges so I'm guessing they've added some strength to the roof at the expense of a full length panoramic roof.
Personally, I really like the panoramic roof. The only time I close it up is when the car gets too hot. Driving, the sun does not get in my eyes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the other features that I noticed, in comparison to the old car, is that the rear passengers door windows now feature a pillar. I assume it will allow the window to go all the way down. In the unlikely event that I actually buy one this will please the children no end. However, aesthetically, I think the no pillar design is preferrable, a feature that really helped the look of the old car.
Despite liking the new car I expect I’ll just keep driving my 2013 two litre until legislation forces Euro 5 (diesel) cars off the road. My guess on that question is five years by which time my car will be ready to croak anyway!

·
Registered
366 Posts
One of the other features that I noticed, in comparison to the old car, is that the rear passengers door windows now feature a pillar. I assume it will allow the window to go all the way down. In the unlikely event that I actually buy one this will please the children no end. However, aesthetically, I think the no pillar design is preferrable, a feature that really helped the look of the old car.
Despite liking the new car I expect I’ll just keep driving my 2013 two litre until legislation forces Euro 5 (diesel) cars off the road. My guess on that question is five years by which time my car will be ready to croak anyway!
And the front windows have lost their pillars.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Mrs Grumpy has a 508 saloon on order through her work. ETA June would you believe and even then not guaranteed at this point.
I inquired about the SW and I got told by my dealer they are not expecting them to go on sale in the UK until the Autumn, possibly early 2020..
How stupid is that bearing in mind the majority of 508s sold in the UK are the SW version.

Grumpy, (very today)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mrs Grumpy has a 508 saloon on order through her work. ETA June would you believe and even then not guaranteed at this point.
I inquired about the SW and I got told by my dealer they are not expecting them to go on sale in the UK until the Autumn, possibly early 2020..
How stupid is that bearing in mind the majority of 508s sold in the UK are the SW version.

Grumpy, (very today)
Pretty stupid. People will not be willing to wait a year. They will just go to another brand.

Have you had a chance to see the saloon in the showroom? If so, what were your impressions?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi Weedy,
I'm in no hurry so I don't mind hanging. I won't order one until they've been on the production line for 3 months anyway, to give them a chance to iron out any production issues.
I was invited to Coventry back in August to preview the new 508. I have to say, I was bowled over by it. I wasn't allowed to drive it but wow!, what a lovely job they've made of it, especially the interior. I know the trend at this time is for faux SUVs but I think this may change the thinking for some people. The prospect of a 226hp petrol engine coupled to the newer dual clutch 8 speed Auto is very intriguing:eek:
The biggest criticism I had was the fact the roof tapered down so anyone tall, sitting in the back may well be compromised by it. Other than that, I'm looking forward to seeing the SW in the flesh, hopefully the rear seats will have ample headroom.
Grumpy

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi Weedy,
I'm in no hurry so I don't mind hanging. I won't order one until they've been on the production line for 3 months anyway, to give them a chance to iron out any production issues.
I was invited to Coventry back in August to preview the new 508. I have to say, I was bowled over by it. I wasn't allowed to drive it but wow!, what a lovely job they've made of it, especially the interior. I know the trend at this time is for faux SUVs but I think this may change the thinking for some people. The prospect of a 226hp petrol engine coupled to the newer dual clutch 8 speed Auto is very intriguing:eek:
The biggest criticism I had was the fact the roof tapered down so anyone tall, sitting in the back may well be compromised by it. Other than that, I'm looking forward to seeing the SW in the flesh, hopefully the rear seats will have ample headroom.
Grumpy
How was the rear for legroom please? Some of the reviews say its not great.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ve seen the new SW at Truscott’s of Barnstaple, call them to book your 48 hour test drive.
(My 2013 508 SW spent the first three years of its life being serviced at Truscott’s.)
It looked nice, by the way, somehow smaller than my SW. I want one, fortunately I don’t need one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts