Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an aftermarket sony stereo to replace the stock RD3 in my '02 307 and I bought a PC2-32-4 harness with it. I'm also waiting for a steering stalk adapter (CTSPG006) which is supposed to be specific to my car model so my question is this - Will I have any use for the harness I just bought? Because some sites are telling me that the stalk adapter should have that covered and that there won't be any need for a harness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
whenever ive fitted an aftermarket stereo ive needed both as the harness adapter plugs the radio into the car for power speakers illumination etc. and the stalk controls plug into what looks like a headphone socket on the back of the new stereo then into another part on the car harness however I have seen them come as a complete kit so you may end up with 2 harness adapters but its doubtful

·
Registered
15 Posts
right ive just looked your stalk adapter up online (should have done that before my last post really but not to worry) it comes with the control box for stalk controls, a pair of male ISO connectors which should plug straight into your new stereo and a pair of female ISO connectors which won't plug into the car harness so you definitely need the harness adapter aswell as the stalk adapter

Hope this helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
no the harness adapter should plug straight into the cars harness then into the stalk adapter kit then the stalk adapter kit will plug into the stereo both power and stalk controls and away you go the only thing you may have to do is switch the red and yellow wires (should be on bullet or spade connectors) but that's only if your stereo doesn't keep the memory when turned off and then on again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided to fit the stereo and harness before the stalk adpapter arrives but it didn't go so well. It was losing memory so I switched the red and yellow cables and solved that but then it wouldn't turn off with the ignition. It seems to have constant power and has to be switched off manually. All of this also triggered the economy mode so I've put the old stereo back in until I can find a solution.

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
Here we go again !!

You need to do some research peugeots DO NOT have a permanent memory feed it needs added.
Original peugeot radios have built in battery to maintain presets so do not need a permanent live the permanent live you are trying to use switches off when BSI goes to sleep.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
The switched live wire is going to a live controlled by the BSI and will shut down after a couple of minutes when the BSI goes to sleep. If you move that wire to an adjacent empty pin location in the adapter plug it will switch off with the ignition.

I can't remember which one it is but it's easily found with a multimeter.

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
The switched live wire is going to a live controlled by the BSI and will shut down after a couple of minutes when the BSI goes to sleep. If you move that wire to an adjacent empty pin location in the adapter plug it will switch off with the ignition.

I can't remember which one it is but it's easily found with a multimeter.
That does not cure the presets issue though that only makes it go off with ignition he has 2 issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't currently have access to a multimeter and I've been searching for a wiring diagram but still no luck. Does anyone know the colour of the switched live wire or the pin location?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put the stereo in with the stalk adapter and it seems to be turning off with the ignition now. The memory is also holding in the usual red to red, yellow to yellow configuration. The PC2-32-4 harness wasn't needed, all I used was the stalk adapter and the ISO leads that came with the stereo and everything works perfectly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts