Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Software : V (for Version)21.08.22.32_NAC-r1 18/10/19

Just did a check and this was available.

Paul.
I would wait a few weeks before updating, sometimes some bugs are discovered and the update release is pulled back for some time until it is fixed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
910 Posts
I would wait a few weeks before updating, sometimes some bugs are discovered and the update release is pulled back for some time until it is fixed.

While it's wise to wait a few weeks before updating, PSA never pulled back a release before. In fact the old releases are all still available for download.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
While it's wise to wait a few weeks before updating, PSA never pulled back a release before. In fact the old releases are all still available for download.
As far as I know they did, the last release was not available for a few weeks for my car, then it became available again.
In the mean time I was reading that some people had issues with navigation restarting randomly when they updated to the new version when it first became available.

·
Registered
910 Posts
As far as I know they did, the last release was not available for a few weeks for my car, then it became available again.
In the mean time I was reading that some people had issues with navigation restarting randomly when they updated to the new version when it first became available.

It was always available to download, but the MyPeugeot app or the site where you input the VIN to check for updates, could give invalid information. And it still does that... It's common that when one install the latest release, one of those sources tells you that the latest version is now the one you had before. It gives you the idea that the latest version had some problem and was pulled, when the problem is the MyPeugeot app or that site.
While it's true that some people is affected with that blank navigation screen, that version is still available to download.

Only in the 5.x.x.x (I've had that version in early 2017) to the 21.x.x.x versions they add something new - Android Auto and summer time support. All the 21.x.x.x only fix some issues (usually related to bluetooth and phones), so if you don't have any problem with the infotainment system, don't update it. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I agree with the final sentence there is no need to update things just for the sake of updating !

Some updates end up making other things not work correctly then you cannot remove update to fix the issues the update caused !

If you have issues then yes an update might help but if nothings wrong why risk it the software is open source its not even PSA equipment anyway they do not make the hardware or software.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It would be nice if the media was visible on the dashboard for older GT models. The last update had this but only for the newer models

Sent from my Power_3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It would be nice if the media was visible on the dashboard for older GT models. The last update had this but only for the newer models

Sent from my Power_3 using Tapatalk
My 5008 is a 2017 model and had that since I bought it. Some 3008s got that with the last update, perhaps you were reffering to a 3008?

·
Registered
9 Posts
new software available

V (for Version)21.08.25.12_NAC-r0 20/01/20

wish Peugeot published a change log, not sure whats fixes if anything?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I received my 5008 1.2 GT Line EAT8 (new) one week ago.
Reading the Peugeot site I decided to look if the software was updated. It wasn't.
I installed the "Peugeot Update" on my computer and I ran it.
I followed the instructions, including the insertion of the VIN of the car.
I connect a USB pen of 64GB to the computer.
It downloaded all the GB of software, more than 10GB, including maps.
It was formatted and the software was transferred from the computer to the USB pen by the "Peugeot Update".
I went to the car, I turned on the ignition, including the motor.
I put the USB pen in the USB slot and ... "Version incompatible with the hardware".
I downloaded the software again, following the same steps and ... the same error.
I put the car in the middle of the street and I confirmed that the car's WLAN was connected through the phone (WLAN and Bluetooth) and ... same error!

Peugeot says on their site that the users should update the software periodically. How?
Any clues?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I received my 5008 1.2 GT Line EAT8 (new) one week ago.
Reading the Peugeot site I decided to look if the software was updated. It wasn't.
I installed the "Peugeot Update" on my computer and I ran it.
I followed the instructions, including the insertion of the VIN of the car.
I connect a USB pen of 64GB to the computer.
It downloaded all the GB of software, more than 10GB, including maps.
It was formatted and the software was transferred from the computer to the USB pen by the "Peugeot Update".
I went to the car, I turned on the ignition, including the motor.
I put the USB pen in the USB slot and ... "Version incompatible with the hardware".
I downloaded the software again, following the same steps and ... the same error.
I put the car in the middle of the street and I confirmed that the car's WLAN was connected through the phone (WLAN and Bluetooth) and ... same error!

Peugeot says on their site that the users should update the software periodically. How?
Any clues?
I did it a week ago, updated to version 21.08.84.12_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE2, no issues noted with the firmware.

Try using no more than a 32GB USB stick. Another post, below, suggests issues with 64GB sticks when upgrading the firmware.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I did it a week ago, updated to version 21.08.84.12_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE2, no issues noted with the firmware.

Try using no more than a 32GB USB stick. Another post, below, suggests issues with 64GB sticks when upgrading the firmware.

Thank you for your answer!
Well, that is possible but to do that I need to buy a smaller USB pen.
I think that I am going to talk a lot with Peugeot! It doesn´t make sense that a new car doesn't have the latest software installed. It has the system version 21.08.22.32_NAC-r0 and cartography 14.0.0-r0 and the one that "Peugeot Update" downloaded to the USB pen is version 21.08.84.12_NAC-r0 and cartography 16.0.0-r0.
Next, I am going to test if it reads music files from this USB pen (only to test because usually I use Spotify through Android Auto).

·
Registered
910 Posts
You can use any USB flash drive size, only Windows have a limitation - it can't format FAT32 partitions larger than 32 GB. But you could use 3rd party software to do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can use any USB flash drive size, only Windows have a limitation - it can't format FAT32 partitions larger than 32 GB. But you could use 3rd party software to do it.
Yep, might be right. Thought that the Peugeot update tool actually formats the drive for you (well does that on a Mac); so depends on how the update was downloaded and copied to the USB stick.

You can use PowerShell command in Windows to do this too; just doesn't support formatting >32GB in fat32 in the GUI tool.

If the person is comfortable in using PowerShell then the command is format /FS:FAT32 F: (e.g. if the F: was your drive letter for your USB stick)

·
Registered
910 Posts
The "Version incompatible with the hardware" is a generic error. Usually it means that:
  • You're trying to update the system/firmware and the digital license/key isn't present in the USB flash drive. The alternative methods, TomTom/live connected service (the "TomTom Traffic" message in the lower right of the sat nav screen) or a phone tethered isn't available;
  • You used the WinZip to extract the update .tar file and didn't disable the "Smart CR/LF conversion" option;
  • You used a macOS and didn't use the Clean MyDrive 2 app after copying the files to the USB flash drive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep, might be right. Thought that the Peugeot update tool actually formats the drive for you (well does that on a Mac); so depends on how the update was downloaded and copied to the USB stick.

You can use PowerShell command in Windows to do this too; just doesn't support formatting >32GB in fat32 in the GUI tool.

If the person is comfortable in using PowerShell then the command is format /FS:FAT32 F: (e.g. if the F: was your drive letter for your USB stick)
I have no problems using PowerShell (PS) but it was "Peugeot Update" that formatted the USB pen. Windows 10 only sees 32GB, and the pen is 64GB but... The software/data from Peugeot/Tomtom is less than that. I will try with PS or a smaller pen (32GB).

·
Registered
20 Posts
The "Version incompatible with the hardware" is a generic error. Usually it means that:
  • You're trying to update the system/firmware and the digital license/key isn't present in the USB flash drive. The alternative methods, TomTom/live connected service (the "TomTom Traffic" message in the lower right of the sat nav screen) or a phone tethered isn't available;
  • You used the WinZip to extract the update .tar file and didn't disable the "Smart CR/LF conversion" option;
  • You used a macOS and didn't use the Clean MyDrive 2 app after copying the files to the USB flash drive.
I used Windows 10, home, last version.
I follow all the steps on "Peugeot Update" to "build" the USB pen, step by step, using Windows 10 and a 64GB USB pen.
The first time I tried to do the update in the car was in my parking space. Maybe not enough phone signal.
Later I tried in the middle of the street, after rebuild again the USB pen using "Peugeot Update", where there is a good signal (cell phone). I turned on the tethering on the phone (Bluetooth, Wireless) and ... the same result (version incompatible with the hardware".
I didn´t use any other software than "Peugeot Update" to "create" the USB pen. It did all that was necessary to download, format, and copy all the software to the USB pen. All I did was not much than to insert the VIN number where it asked it and press Enter several times following the instructions step by step.

Next, I am going to use a smaller USB pen. After that, if it doesn't work, I am going to Peugeot!
It doesn't make sense that:
A new car hasn't all the data updated when it is delivered to the new owner;
That the Peugeot is very clear at its site, it tells to do the update several times (4) in a year (maps);
They have software to do that (Peugeot Update);
I followed all the steps, all the instructions, and ... we are here discussing why it didn´t work (by the way, thank you for sharing your knowledge with me and others but it shouldn't be necessary). Peugeot should be VERY clear about what to do and how to do it, and it should have worked the first time! It didn't (nor at the second)!

Thank you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts