Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a few lines to other 406 110 hdi owners about the dreaded dual mass flywheel and clutch issues with this model.anyway after putting up with vibes thru clutch pedal decided to bite the bullet and do it,so bought a valeo conversion kit and started to strip it down,which wasn't half as bad as I have been led to believe,pretty easy really once I removed subframe which is only six bolts,(two attach to steering rack)rest was easy,done on my drive,with car on axle stands,so in conclusion don't pay a garage to do it just have a go doesn't take long bout 4 hrs or so.:thumb:

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I never really had problems with flywheels on the 406 its the newer stuff seems the most troublesome and it is easy enough to do a solid flywheel on most just some garages make it sound hard :)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
i had never changed a clutch before before i did my 2.0hdi. the 307 is alot smaller so access for the box was harder.

i found it to be pleasent enough once i worked out gearchange linkages etc.

the only thing i struggled with was the metal bracket behind the engine getting it back on

the rest was just general stripping down

my 1.6hdi however just frightens me when i look under the bonnet (not looking forward to it)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts