Peugeot Forums banner

New radio

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Nadine 
#1 ·
I bought a new radio. I successfully removed the old one connected all the adapters but was left with a long red wire. I have since found out that this needs to be connected to the ignition. As a non technical person is it possible that I could do this myself. Halfords will connect it for €35 but I'm trying to avoid more cost. I have a 207cc. Any help would be appreciated (in as basic a language as possible).

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi
If that wire needs to be connected to the ignition, then you would need a test lamp or a voltmeter, then using that you have to find the ignition wire.
To do that, you test the wires with ignition off, then test them again with ignition ON, the one that comes ON, or shows 12V, you connect that red wire to it.

#8 ·
Hi Nadine

It sounds as if you may be better having the radio connected professionally I could suggest a few options but as you mention lack of technical knowledge it's probably better having a shop with insurance connect you up

My concern is should you do it wrong you may damage some other parts of the electric system

Sorry

Allan

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.