Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I managed to replace my old diesel pump in the fuel tank as the old pump which had 2 days left on its warranty was exchanged for a new one ( see my previous thread on fuel pump and sendor problem) but only had 2 days of warranty left. The mechanic that fit the new pump did not fit it correctly and the seal wasnt tightened properly causing fuel to leak out. The sendor was not still working on the pump but when he replaced the seal he got it working. One week later I had to call out the AA as the car would start then stop in a minute or so and trying to restart it was sounding like fuel starvation. Now my car is parked up not sure if the new pump is faulty or not the fault code is 0230and 0380 primary fuel pump circuit and glow plugs. Is there a way of checking the fuel pump without taking it out, is there anything that the codes show that may shed some light on why the car is stopping then starting? I have now come to the conclusion that the problem must be the electric wiring so I am going to drain the tank, (any ideas on how to do this?) then inspect the multi connector and fuel pipe to see that fuel pump, fuel is flowing through the fuel pipe.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts