Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My macanic got rid of all the codes and they have not come back yay. and cost me hardly anything.. but the new problem is

it drives fine ish on start up but now and then it will go mega slow but you can feel the turbo kicking in and its been tested and they said the turbo boost was ok but when you get to around 50mph it has a slight shake to the engine.. and the car will not do over 70mph. I have been told it might be the injectors but a leak off test was done and they all had the same amount of diesel in. well thats what the diesel guy said. My ex who has been doing it has not just washed his hands of it now. Just saying that they are a problem cars and thats why he does not get invoivled with shit engines and shit cars. which is no help on my part at all. But my local guy said he will look at it he was sayin it might have wrong oil in and and the gearbox oil was changed as i had a problem with a gator and he had to pull the shaft thing out and it went all over the floor. If he put the wrong oil in would it make that much of a difference.

The ideas i have been given are

Clutch and thing it goes onto DMF i think or DNF (sorry cant read his righting)
Injectors
wrong oil in gearbox
Wrong oil in car
Engine mount (but he said it would make a noise when you lift off usually not when traving at steady speed.
Timing ( but he checked that by putting a pole tho the top cog and a smaller one tho the one at the bottom but had to removed a big thing from bottom) but he also said that the cog could of moved ? not sure what he ment though. while he had all the off he also sadi the belt was not very good and repaced it )

i know its hard not seeing the car but any help is greatful and you have all been so lovley on here. and all your help has really helped me out on getting it back on the road as at the moment i am scred to drive it incase it blows up
I really am just on the verge of crying

·
Registered
106 Posts
personly i would go for cam and crank sensors ?? get someone to go to scrappy and whip both off and see what happens. but the cam shaft one is tricky to replace as you got to get it right so it does not touch the cam. someone might be able to help how to do that..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no sorry not near oxford. I have had a full diag test done. And came back with nothing. I was speaking to the dealer guy and he said timing. he explained it this was.

He said that

you need 3 pins one goes in the top cog
one goes in the bottom cog
one goes in the back of the engine

when people do the cam belt they use only the two and not the one that goes to the back of the engine. and so makes the timing out as the bottom one slips round the one that goes behind the big disk thing and he said that the bottom bolt was lose.

does this make any sence or am i looking in the wrong direction as they want £120 just to set it up propperly (thats if its even out)

·
Registered
556 Posts
?

I'm not a Peugeot expert but when changing the timing belt when you set up the pins you won't move the flywheel so it shouldn't really be out? I did the belt on my Mrs 307 hdi and tbh i don't remember putting a pin in the flywheel.
I also thought the fuel pump was out but timed it the way it was and it runs fine, been told the pump doesn't need timing.

Also does it tick over smooth?
I would expect it to run quite rough if the timing was out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the reason i got was that the bottom one can move round the bottom part think he called it crank shaft. the one with the huge disk thing on it at bottom of engine and he said really it needs a pin putting tho the back of the engine and not timing up on the small hole on the front of the engine..

i hope you understand ???

the car runs not to bad but has very night hickups as i can call them like missfiring but not. problem is only when you get to around 40 mph then it starts to do it and can be slow on pick up.

·
Registered
412 Posts
As long as the cam and flywheel pins are in and locked / you cant get it wrong . The bottom crank pully which drives the belt is as you say loose, floating is to allow alignment of the toothed timing belt. As long as the bottom pully is fitted and correctly torqued how can you get it wrong . On the other hand if it was out the timing that is, im sure that they dont run start and depending on how far out it is. it would cause engine damage.
I think they record a fault with somthing like P01177 or p01176 cant rember exactly but it referes to syncronising of cam and crank.
Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry when you say fly wheel pin.. when he did it. He stuck one in the top and one in the bottom one. the guy i spoke to at the garage said that the one at the bottom might be slighly out and moved round.. and hense making it out of timing by only a little bit.

i am thinking you mean there is a pin thats ment to be put in the gearbox end if thats so. he never did that.. AHHHH CARS lol

as i said he put one in the top cog

and took off a belt and then a disk thing which he stuck a pin in that one then changed the belt then the turned the key and this is how its started..

or could it be the sensors that are stuffing up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats half the bloody problem. the injectors where fitted and cameblet was done at same time. as got told it needed changing... so its either injectors or cambelt but also got told it could be sensors breaking down on load. but there are no errors but then got told today that really there does not need to be any codes... all i know is it took him under a hr to do belt and stick the injectors in. Strange thing is he has got rid of all the codes and rubbish that was on the error list.. and now just got this problem.

Have you ever changed a belt on one of these. ???
the 1.6 HDI 110 (with that filter thing on it)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thats half the bloody problem. the injectors where fitted and cameblet was done at same time. as got told it needed changing... so its either injectors or cambelt but also got told it could be sensors breaking down on load. but there are no errors but then got told today that really there does not need to be any codes... all i know is it took him under a hr to do belt and stick the injectors in. Strange thing is he has got rid of all the codes and rubbish that was on the error list.. and now just got this problem.

Have you ever changed a belt on one of these. ???
the 1.6 HDI 110 (with that filter thing on it)
Right ok i done quite a few being a pug tech and all that . Cant do em in that short time for sure !!
The injectors should have been programmed in to the engine ecu that tskes some time and well the belt take best part of one half hours for some one thats done a few.
Your best bet is tske it to a proffesioal and get it all checked sounds suspect to me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The filter thing is a diesel particulate filter .
You do need to get a diagnosic check done propperally it will give you ansawers and a route to follow.
Without it you might as well look for needle in hay stack ..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just a word with my dad and he said that he would buy this tomorrow and check it

Sealey

what he wants to know is

So he needs to put one in the top cog
and one in the bottom cog and if the pins go in ok then thats ok

or does he need to put one in flywheel and if so where would that hole be for him to insert it..

he said the injectors where reprogramed but after it was all running my ex did it with plannet after the other guy went after putting them in. claiming they did not need programing.

if possible could you give a rough list of what to do after all covers have been removed like
1. put pin in top cog
2 etc etc

cause my dad done a couple of belts and he said he will have a look and the garage wants £120 just to check the belt as they said it would take a hr to take it to bits.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Buy a Haynes manual.
It will give pictures and clearer explanation.
I would only recomend it done by some one competant. Bearing in mind if you gèt the belt wrong it could end up costing you £ a grand min to put it right.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I dont think the Haynes manual covers the 1.6 hdi engine only the 2.0 and 1.4 tbh but could be wrong. Or the 1.4 might be same engine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Honestly its not in there looked today. as went down halford and the person was with could not see it i there unless its the same as the 1.4 engine..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ok no worries i was just going by what was listed on their web site. They are simular engines.
Kerry do one more post then your have 20 posts, then pm me your email address and ill email what i have for cam belt for yours

1 - 20 of 21 Posts