Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to this forum, I have this morning ordered a brand new Peugeot 3008 GT 180bhp EAT6 in Sunset Copper!

I am active on the C4owners forum (my 2.0 Bluehdi 150 Grand Picasso is being traded in) and have found this forum a fantastic source of info. to research before deciding. I hope to actively contribute once I get my car.

The car I have ordered, is the only GT currently available in UK stock, fortunately in the colour I rather like. As has been said before I keep seeing it and liking its dark tones in different light. Especially contrasting with the chrome bits and pieces. I am still yet to see any Peugeot 3008 on the road or locally. All the ones I've seen so far, have been at the Peugeot dealership.

My nearest Peugeot dealer had an Amazonite GT which I test drove a week ago and enjoyed it. It was fitted with Focal, Visio 2 and Grip control optional extras. Although this wasn't my first choice of colour, it really grew on me (although the birds mess sitting on the paintwork didn't). Sadly, when I eventually made my mind up to buy it late last week, it had been sold.

My search carried on this weekend, with just one car found in stock in the North. I suspect its a cancelled order with someone who got fed up waiting. Robins and Day seem to be able to put their hands on all manner of stock of 3008, including a number of brand new 1.2GT line autos with numerous options, which were also offered to me. I could have gone for a factory order, but of course the wait now would be long.

Sadly for me, the actual car doesn't have any extras fitted. This means I hope the 19" alloys will still give me a good ride/comfort and I'll get over the loss of the Focal and front camera/auto park system. My C4GP currently has the Visio 360 and auto park, which to be honest is impressive parking on its own, but I've never actually used it to get me in or out of a tight space.

My deliberations yesterday, resulted in me today, taking my USB stick to the dealer and trying the standard GT Line 3008 stereo. Cranking up the volume it simply didn't distort and I was really surprised how good the audio was. Tried the Focal in another car and of course you could tell the difference, but audio wise I'm OK with the standard setup.

I'll know more tomorrow about my collection date. I asked about Tomtom activation and my dealer told me that she knew all about it and explained the procedure, along with the pushing of buttons on the overhead console to activate it.

I'll of course keep you all posted, along with the obligatory photos once I take delivery.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
Hi Bluehdi

You’ve made a good choice in the GT and like you I have no options. I had self-parking on my previous two cars as standard and never used it (not even to try out) so I didn’t want to waste my money paying for something I might never use this time.

I find the 19” wheels give a good ride a so I have no complaints there. For me, the standard stereo satisfactory and If I want to listen to my music on better equipment, I wait until I am at home and use my hi-fi system. In any event, most of my car listening is radio so I'm not over concerned with sound quality.

Have you managed to get a discount buying in this way?

· Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dautres for the kind words.

Your posts about the order/collection of your own GT and the photos really helped me.

I had my mind set on the grip control, but will have to 'make do' without, but I do get the 19" alloys, which will need some care when near kerbs!

The dealer cranked the standard stereo up to its highest setting and my USB loaded MP3's simply didn't distort.

I did get a very good deal, which I'll share more of once I've actually taken delivery!

· Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update.

Heard today that my new Sunset Copper GT 180 will be on its way to my dealer. It will be transported from the North down South over the coming days. This will mean the car will still only have delivery miles on the clock when I get it.

I'm also getting the official Peugeot boot mat and rubber mats, to go with the GT supplied fabric mats, so they'll finish off the interior nicely.

I'm really hoping it will be ready for collection this weekend/next week.

I am considering a private number plate, but wondered about the fitment of the rear number plate. Does anyone know if the 3008 tailgate is metal where the number plate is fitted? On all the other cars I've had, I've asked them not to drill into the tailgate and to use number plate tape to stick the rear plate on. I don't want a corrosion issue down the line?

Seeing the other sunset copper 3008's arriving elsewhere on the forum, I simply can't wait! I think I've read every review, article and YouTube clip in the world, whilst I await mine...

· Registered
857 Posts
Quick update.

Heard today that my new Sunset Copper GT 180 will be on its way to my dealer. It will be transported from the North down South over the coming days. This will mean the car will still only have delivery miles on the clock when I get it.

I'm also getting the official Peugeot boot mat and rubber mats, to go with the GT supplied fabric mats, so they'll finish off the interior nicely.

I'm really hoping it will be ready for collection this weekend/next week.

I am considering a private number plate, but wondered about the fitment of the rear number plate. Does anyone know if the 3008 tailgate is metal where the number plate is fitted? On all the other cars I've had, I've asked them not to drill into the tailgate and to use number plate tape to stick the rear plate on. I don't want a corrosion issue down the line?

Seeing the other sunset copper 3008's arriving elsewhere on the forum, I simply can't wait! I think I've read every review, article and YouTube clip in the world, whilst I await mine...
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the car, they are really nice to drive, however if you're going for the live services make sure they activate them from the outset...lots of people having problems getting connected.

· Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers. I'm starting a list of things to check when I collect. Building from all the great advice.

The sales lady knew all about the Tomtom activation and went through how it's done and the checks, including holding the overhead console buttons together.

I also don't want the perfume thing to be opened. I don't like air freshners that make your car smell like a public toilet! Do they normally fit them unopened does anyone know?

Ta.

· Registered
857 Posts
Cheers. I'm starting a list of things to check when I collect. Building from all the great advice.

The sales lady knew all about the Tomtom activation and went through how it's done and the checks, including holding the overhead console buttons together.

I also don't want the perfume thing to be opened. I don't like air freshners that make your car smell like a public toilet! Do they normally fit them unopened does anyone know?

Ta.
The air freshener on mine was sealed and only opened when the car was handed over.

· Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent - so did the salesperson open it for you when they were handing over?

I think I'll email my dealer and ask that they leave it unopened, just to be safe!

Ta.

· Registered
857 Posts
Excellent - so did the salesperson open it for you when they were handing over?

I think I'll email my dealer and ask that they leave it unopened, just to be safe!

Ta.
Yes, it was just a bit of foil like a printers ink cartridge. I found the Sandalwood to be quite pleasant in small doses.

· Registered
204 Posts
Mine was delivered with the seal still attached. It was only through this forum that I found out there was a seal and removed it myself!

I guess if you don't like the scent you can always take the cartridge out.

· Administrator
2,124 Posts
Seal is off mine and saw the cartridge out. It's a tray divided into three section with 6 or 7 small balls of fragrance in each section, (balls like you get in Reed diffusers).

Have to say I've tried every scent and can't smell a thing!

· Registered
1,616 Posts
I took mine out by mistake (wondering what it was) and the ignition wasn't on!

I have tried all three fragrances and they all have a scent but to mine nose they are the same!

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Is it £47 worth of scent though Chris. If it was a fiver I wouldn't mind replacing the cartridge, but £47 is just taking the proverbial. I suspect Peugeot are counting on people paying up so that the function is still there, to show off as a gimmick more than anything else. I'll be inclined to buy one of the fresheners that plugs into the 12V socket if I feel the need to smell something other than fresh air.

· Registered
486 Posts
I took mine out by mistake (wondering what it was) and the ignition wasn't on!
I also took out the cartridge in the demo vehicle when the ignition was off. It came out without any problem but the manual state "with the ignition on, pull the tongue to release the empty cartridge" then "Remove the empty cartridge from the housing"

· Registered
486 Posts
Is it £47 worth of scent though Chris. If it was a fiver I wouldn't mind replacing the cartridge, but £47 is just taking the proverbial. I suspect Peugeot are counting on people paying up so that the function is still there, to show off as a gimmick more than anything else. I'll be inclined to buy one of the fresheners that plugs into the 12V socket if I feel the need to smell something other than fresh air.
I'm not into incar air fresheners as per my experience how good the air freshener was, when you stop using it the interior makes bad smell for some times. No need incar air fresheners for me, unfortunately my vehicle will come with it even though I do not want.

· Registered
1,423 Posts
Interesting that the manual appears to show the cartridge on the left hand side of the glove box, whereas mine is directly in front of you when you open the glove box, and has a slider button that releases the cartridge. Don't see why you have to have the ignition on, unless it's so the system maintains some kind of memory.

· Registered
620 Posts
Interesting that the manual appears to show the cartridge on the left hand side of the glove box, whereas mine is directly in front of you when you open the glove box, and has a slider button that releases the cartridge. Don't see why you have to have the ignition on, unless it's so the system maintains some kind of memory.
Probably a LHD version but the image flipped..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.