Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I would ask for opinions on this and if it is acceptable for a new car to have this amount of rust on the front disks and hubs. I took delivery of a new Peugeot 107 2 weeks a go from Randles Stoke. The car had 5 delivery miles on it and I have put a further 400 miles on it. I noticed today a significant amount of rust on the front disks and hubs on both sides of the car. The car looks like it was assembled with rusty parts. Is this acceptable? What are my rights? I'm also concerned about the state of the bearings. The rear of the car has no rust on it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
No, keep cool, that's not bad rust. It is oxidation. You could paint every bare bit of metal to prevent it, but the parts won't wear out any more quickly.

C

·
0 Posts
It's almost standard issue. Those are cast items, none of which are painted. Nothing at all to worry about.You have no 'rights'. Those are not cosmetic items and the surface oxidation in no way compromises the integrity of the castings. The manufacturer could paint or plate them, but suddenly it wouldn't be a cheap car any more.

Why are you concerned about the bearings? Front wheel bearing failure is unheard of on the 107, and the rears only occasionally fail with really phat rims.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts