Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just taken ownership of a 2002 307 1.6 petrol non runner - The BSI is shot. I know I need BSI and ecu plus immobiliser/key from a donor car. My question is will a set from a 1.4 car work ( seems to have same part numbers) or do I need to find a 1.6 litre set. Lookinf forward to get this on the road any tech help for a peugeot newbie much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
if its exactly the same numbers then it will work

the issues you may have is the doner car had more or less specs then yours

you can adjust a fair few in peugeot planet though

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I would check to see if the BSI can still communicate with the diagnostics before removing it. If it can then go through all the parameters and note them down, same with the ECU then when you replace them it's a simple matter of checking the parameters in the replacement units and correcting any that are different.

If memory serves me right, there is an option somewhere in the diagnostic software to save the parameters to disk and also to load saved parameters from disk. This would save a great deal of time and ensure that it was correctly programmed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would check to see if the BSI can still communicate with the diagnostics before removing it. If it can then go through all the parameters and note them down, same with the ECU then when you replace them it's a simple matter of checking the parameters in the replacement units and correcting any that are different.

If memory serves me right, there is an option somewhere in the diagnostic software to save the parameters to disk and also to load saved parameters from disk. This would save a great deal of time and ensure that it was correctly programmed.
Previous owner failed to store program before getting bsi repaired. The bsi was repaired and wiped but he failed to complete programming. Apparently he got so far but was unable to enter VIN Number. Do you think i should try to reprogram this bsi, or get it wiped and start again. or should i look for a donor car and replace bsi,ecu & immobilizer. Anybody any suggestions on which way to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts