Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i helped a mate recently get a 307 and thought from a distance they seemed ideal for me,

brought a 2002 rapier hdi110 for what i though was a steal at 1100, with only 57 on the clock,

issues soon bagan lol,

went into limp mode with unblock diesel filter followed by anti pollution fault,

had it in a garage, he noticed no.8 intake pipe had split, so replaced this wiped faults and ran a re gen on the dpf, which has half a tank of fluid.

drove it away, and was good, within 30 miles all back on,

so stripped the dpf myself and cleaned it all out with mr muscle and other stuff, looked nice and clkean, re fitted it, drove well for 3 miles then straight to anti pollution fault and limp mode now every turn of the key same fault and always limp?

whats the next step, i've spotted a dpf on flea bay brand new for 153, will changing this actually cure it's issues i dont want to shell out another 150 blindly.

any help would be great,

one other thing mechanic mentioned the fault was about the fuel cap, but said both mnagnets where there, would this cause limp mode and faults?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
add

just to add, i also have a ticking noise, its what i would describe as very rattly tappets on the drivers side of the engine that increases with revs, its very annoying, my first idea is maybe cambelt tensioner or like that?

any help?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok

betty do you mean replace dpf filter, i'ce taken off the one i have and cleaned it with no joy so do you mean an actual new one,

and with regards to fuel cap, what do i do about that? is it a new cap thats needed and will that need programming?

D

·
0 Posts
betty do you mean replace dpf filter, i'ce taken off the one i have and cleaned it with no joy so do you mean an actual new one,

and with regards to fuel cap, what do i do about that? is it a new cap thats needed and will that need programming?
No you just need a new cap sensor. No coding etc. The car could do with a forced regeneration afterwards.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok

what and the cap is the reason why everything is a bit crap?

or do i need a filter and a new cap?

where does one find a new cap from and guess i need keys to come with it?

its funny my mates one has the car key to open the fuel cap i have a seperate one, so wonder if its been changed in the past

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Not actually the cap , there`s a loom that run`s down the filler neck and has a sensor on it , this needs replaced , peugeot part only i think , a lot on here remove the dpf and remap the car so these faults aren`t showing and we do away with filter as it causes problems if not looked after right.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cost

whats the cost to doing this, its 153 for a new dpf on flea bay and can fit that no worries but as you mention i drive it just waiting for the beep now and could do without that,

and how do you get to this sensor on the neck as its all enclosed?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
place

i think thats behond me, i'drather take it somewhere and get it all done and re mapped by a pro, but not if its silly money

1 - 12 of 12 Posts