Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls.

Picked up my.....thing....on Saturday and Ive got to say, drives like a dream.

Now where would a 307 thread be without the problems?

*Please note, Ive either fixed these problems, or are part way through fixing*

Heaters dont work....bought a new rheostat plug and going to switch them over on Saturday, hopefully Ill have heat then.

Locks dont work.
Now this is the biggy. Ive swapped over my BSi for another that is known working with a working central locking fob (mine didnt have any). Locking works great, along with every other electrical device in the car that wasnt working before the swap (mirrors, windows, etc...)
Now my problem is, I didnt know the BSi stored mileage information and when swapping them over, the BSi writes new mileage to the clock (some say it just overwrites the mileage, others say it adds the current clock mileage to the BSi mileage).

I still have the original BSi and 4 previous MOT's, could I legally "clock" the car back to its 86k from 160k?
I understand that clocking a car is legal, as long as you tell the new owner of the clocking and you dont try selling it as the new, lower mileage (wont be an issue for me).

I also have some other issues, but Ill leave them for the time being and search about for problems.

Hello again :p

·
12,076 Posts
Welcome aboard. Yeah, go for the mileage correction.

And don't forget to check the wiring plug for the heater resistor pack. Look for burn / melt damage, which is a common issue. But hopefully it will be the thermal diode that failed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has completely melted, all I had to do was twist out the rheostat and it just fell out.

Was a laugh trying to drive to college today, frozen windscreen....inside and out. I'm going to have to try and crack it out tonight when I finish college.

With mine being under the dash in the drivers foot well, is there an easier access point? Say through the centre console?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts