Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, I have just bought a 52 Plate 2.0 HDI 110 D Turbo and have a few questions that I haven't been able to figure out by reading the manual or searching on here, hoping someone can shed some light on the following:

Auto door locking - I would like my doors to lock shortly after pulling away and I believe this is a feature that my car should have? At the moment it doesn't do it and from what I have read you can re-enable it by holding down the central locking panic button on the dash. Do I need the key in a specific position? Engine started? Can't seem to make it work, do I need to go to someone with Planet to re-enable this?

Chime - As soon as I turn the key to the first position I get a chime sound (as it unfolds the external mirrors). Only seems to happen the first time after the car hasn't been used in a while, if I get out, lock the car and try again it doesn't make the same noise. What does it mean?

Drivers floor mat - I would like to buy a mat that can be held in place (the type that usually has two holes down the edge closest to the drivers seat). Looking at the floor in the drivers foot well though there isn't anything that would go through these holes to keep the mat in place. It looks like there may have been at one point, there are two holes in the floor carpet where I can see the chassis, one has a threaded bolt sticking upwards and the other looks like it may have had the same bolt but now only has a very tiny hole in the floor that I can see daylight through, can someone tell me what I am missing here?

Door pillars - Is there usually something on the A pillars about head height? I have a small tube looking thing on each pillar (about 3cm long by 1cm diameter) that I don't know what it is. My first guess would be that it is from a hands free phone kit, but there doesn't seem to be any other evidence of such a kit being installed. I can take a picture later if no-one has any idea what I am talking about!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
hi mate, i've never heard of the auto door locking you are speaking off but i have heard and seen that if you press unlock on your car using the fob, dont open any doors it relocks again 2 mins later.

the chime for the mirrors is to remind you that the mirrors are adjusting so you dont drive off without them....it only does this after a while because it assumes you havnt got alzeimers and forgot after 2 mins so it doesnt do it all the time...

door mats, i wouild pay a visit to the dealer, they sell these matts, and they are not expensive, see what attachments they have to fit to the floor.

the door pillers. sounds like alarm sensors mate, has yours got an alarm fitted?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I do have an alarm fitted as standard, makes sense as it doesn't really look like an aftermarket addition.

As for the auto locking I mean that the doors automatically lock when you hit a certain speed, usually 10mpg or something - see showthread.php?t=9025 (not allowed to post URLs yet!)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you report back after you have tried it? Want to make sure the feature is actually availiable before going through the hassle of a BSI reset.

Thanls.

S

·
0 Posts
I think the auto lock is only on facelift models (ie 55 plate onwards)

The floor mat thing sounds like the threaded bolt has been snapped off, both holes should be identical, as mentioned dealer mats have plugs which go onto these threaded bolts to hold them in place (got mine off ebay :))

Thats about all i can help with :thumb:

Rich

·
Registered
179 Posts
I turned the auto locking off on mine (07 car),. (yes that IS one of the things that can be turned off in options) cos I am not a big fan of being locked in the car as I drive off....my Beemer has the same feature and I turned that off as well...

but hey, look on the bright side - at least you have auto-mirrors....I have to wind the window down to fold mine in and out :lol:

I just bought a full set genuine Peugeot floor mats for a fiver from Ebay, so keep your eyes peeled on there - they do come up ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up buying some mats eBay, not genuine but we will see how they look/feel when they come.

Autolocking would have been a nice feature but I can live without it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts