1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Been on the forum, but for some strange reason had to register again. :mad:

Anyway here my problem/question:

As the 407's maintenance plan expired, the clever computer started to tell us that the ABS, EBD and what not is not functional. (Looks like a friggen circus every morning when the car is started)

So of too the dealer to get it fixed, only to be informed that the left rear ABS/ABR (?) sensor needs to be replaced. And this within a month after the car was with them for the last service/check-up under the service plan.

The pricing on it: R841.39 for the part, and wait for it.....R1, 200.00 for the labour!!!

Long story to get to the question:

How easy or difficult is it to replace the sensor by myself? Do I need to reprogram the whole lot to recognize the new addition or is it just plug and play? Do I need any special tools?

Please advise,

Gerhard

C

·
0 Posts
Fuel tank requires lowering slightly to route new sensor when fitting rear ones.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I guess R is South African rand?
If so the part price is expensive. I got a pair off UK Ebay of ABS sensors for £25 including delivery. Which is about R400.
I'd check online prices, and to be honest having done 2 myself, although fiddley they really aren't that bad. If you know how to work a spanner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess R is South African rand?
If so the part price is expensive. I got a pair off UK Ebay of ABS sensors for £25 including delivery. Which is about R400.
I'd check online prices, and to be honest having done 2 myself, although fiddley they really aren't that bad. If you know how to work a spanner.
Jip, that is good old South African Rands. Thanks will have a look at e-bay.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Please help with some links, e-bay is not giving me a Peugeot option on the "car makers" tick box.
Hmm that's odd. No Peugeot and no Citroen. If you do a search in the top bar it say's "This page may have moved or is no longer available".
Maybe Peugeot/Citroen are silly about things in South Africa?
What about a local parts shop or an online car parts store?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts